Notices

Friends

Old 03-24-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yes I wrote my friend that just got married. Explained that while I fell off the wagon at her wedding, sobriety is what I want going forward. Told her that I needed her support if we are to continue our friendship. She said she understood and after her vacation wants to hang out together and grab coffee or yogurt.
I'm not sure how genuine this is but I'm willing to give it a try. I have a sneaking suspicion that these two friends will fall away eventually, perhaps of no fault on either of our parts.
The other friend who has seemingly been supportive, has since not returned my text for a birthday dinner celebration. Of course I missed her birthday outing this past weekend due to her brother being there (my ex)
Sticky situation and also, our time together always seems to involve getting wasted.
I think it's much harder to maintain a friendship when that's your basis for a connection.
I would imagine (although I hope I'm wrong) that these ties will both seem superficial at some point.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I guess I'm bummed too that I'm not making any true connections yet with other AA members. I really want to branch out and make friends. I have decided I'm going to fire my sponsor. She treats me like I'm a nuisance and we are not meshing at all. She doesn't even answer the phone or reply to my texts half the time! I don't feel like I can trust her and its making me pull away from my home group.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

On a positive note, I am working on strengthening relationships with my family members.
I am also making plans to do more nice things for myself and learn how to enjoy "me" time again.