Notices

has anyone done rapid-detox?

Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

has anyone done rapid-detox?

hey everyone,
i'm an opiate addict for almost 4 yrs now and i've quit a few times (the last time i was clean for 14 months), but i always end up going back to using. i was thinking of doing the rapid detox procedure. has anyone done that? or know of someone who has? if so, how well does it work?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Someone will be here straightaway. :heart:
Old 08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Algaedagirl

Sorry, I can't give you any info on how well rapid detox works. I never even heard of it until now. l can offer you a link with some information though. I'm sure you've done plenty of research on the matter, well here's another link that might help you. Good luck and take care.

www.usatoday.com/news/health/2003-05-18-rapid-detox_x.htm
Old 08-18-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i have done it and am currently doing it again. the detox is not easy but the harder part is " not wanting to go back to using for that euphoria". i know it is hard to think of living life on it's own terms. it seems that every time i quit, i find some reason to start back up again. my detox went like this. i was on 10-12 lorcet /day. i was taking 5 twice a day. to stop i started by decreasing one pill/day. example: 5monday morning, 5 mon. evening. 4.5 tuesday morn., 5 tue. evening. 4.5 wed. morn., 4.5 wed. evening. 4 thur. morn., 4.5 thur. evening. 4 fri. morn., 4.5 fri. evening. this is what i did until i got to .5 in the morning and .5 in the evening, the next day i only took .5 in the evening. if you don't have that long, you could reduce by whole tables per day, the withdrawls won't be bad with that. the hard part is trying to go each day without using. that is where i am at right now. going each day without thinking that today would be so much more fun if i just had a buzz. if you are like me, i need 4 to even feel it anymore. i don't know the secret myself to this part. if you want to email me it is bosscruiser******.com...what to do now, get a hobby, i have been using since 15 and that is over 20 years. i smoked pot till 2 years ago, i was luck with that, it no longer felt enjoyable to use it. i have not been so lucky with the pills, because no matter how long i go, it still feels "good" when i use. that euphoria, you can talk with anyone and enjoy everything so much more. i really wonder who i am without the drugs. people have said i have a good heart and am humerous. am i really these things without the drugs. who am i really? i don't know. i am currenlty, and in the recent past, also turned to religion in prayer. i have also asked to lead me in the direction he wants me to go. i am afraid so far, i only know what he doesn't want me to do, not what he does. and the "doesn't" is the using..i went thru rehab almost two years ago, unfortunately, it was only for xanax. i had this feeling of invinsibility when i left there. i had so much direction and was so clear headed. unfortunately, since the xanax was the only thing i was there for, i left thinking that the other drugs i was using was not a problem. there is a saying in NA, one drug is too much, and a 1000 is never enough. i came to realize this after returning to smoking pot and taking pain killers after i left rehab. i have considered going back in. so far, i am undecided on that for right now. it was really good for me when i went. people there knew the real me, and they liked me. this told me that the real me was a good person and i did have a kind heart. unfortunately, my " stinking thinking" being a recovering assaholic, i thought there were things i could do and control it. i was wrong..if you are interested, i will exchange thoughts on the matter. good luck and my prayers will also be with you today..