Notices

The trigger, the gun, the whole damn SWAT team.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Any chance you could be talked out of having anymore tonight? Remember that thread where most of us said we could stop once we started it was just that the cravings took over.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Please be careful Jeff. We can still enjoy things without it. Yes, it's different - but still fun and exciting - minus the hangover, remorse, and misery.
Thank you Hevyn, I read all your posts.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Any chance you could be talked out of having anymore tonight? Remember that thread where most of us said we could stop once we started it was just that the cravings took over.
Hi slentrun, yes, it's 7:27PM and I am done for the night. My wife and I are watching the quarter finals, and I am explaining to her what it means. We are cool. I appreciate everyone's concerns. I really do, in fact it hurts me that I hurt any of you.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've made this choice too Jeff.

Like I said in another thread, the fact I used to drink on a Friday for 30 years means nothing at all really.

I used to drink on a Frinday - now I don't. I used to watch TV while drinking, now I don't. I used to have a list of things I'd do with a drink - now I don't.

Sports is an excuse.

ask yourself why you're not ready to make that full total commitment yet....and because I'm a loser is a meaningless and untrue answer.

D
Old 03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've made this choice too Jeff.

Like I said in another thread, the fact I used to drink on a Friday for 30 years means nothing at all really.

I used to drink on a Frinday - now I don't. I used to watch TV while drinking, now I don't. I used to have a list of things I'd do with a drink - now I don't.

Sports is an excuse.

ask yourself why you're not ready to make that full total commitment yet....and 'because I'm a loser' is a meaningless and untrue answer

D
Old 03-19-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy

I'm sorry you're giving in so easily.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well..... I have a feeling you're the one who's gonna be most disAppointed in you.

I hope you'll reconsider.

If not, I sincerely hope you make it back.

Unscathed.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sorry, but I'm not surprised. What would have surprised me would have been you remaining sober this weekend.

Maybe when your ready.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am not going to make excuses, but you guys realize that alcohol is an inanimate object correct? Its like a coffee table or a gun. It is just there, and if you f*ck with it enough, it will hurt you. I'm not trying to climb up on the roof and fly, or come down the chimney like santa clause, I'm just buzzin, watching my favorite sport. And my brother and his family are at the Wild game watching the Wild whoop some butt on Washington. I enjoy this. Now if I wake up tomorrow with the wife pissed off and feeling hungover like son of a gun, I will be equally as pissed myself. It hurts my heart to think that you guys care that much about ME? Its crazy, my own family doesn't care about me that much. And for that I say THANK YOU! I won't leave this family, even if i do struggle along the way!!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=doggonecarl;5270627]Sorry, but I'm not surprised.

Appreciate your support doggonecarl. Its always helps my positive attitude.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I'm not trying to climb up on the roof and fly, or come down the chimney like santa clause, I'm just buzzin, watching my favorite sport. And my brother and his family are at the Wild game watching the Wild whoop some butt on Washington. I enjoy this.
I am enjoying the games today too. just fine without alcohol. You could be too. And I can guarantee I won't be on the roof or hungover tomorrow...can you?
Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Sorry, but I'm not surprised. What would have surprised me would have been you remaining sober this weekend.

Maybe when your ready.
You don't have to apologize, I would have been surprised if you didn't have a comment on all of it. Since you have it figured out.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Drink plenty of water before going to bed tonight, Jeff, and lots tomorrow, too, to rehydrate.

Talk tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Soberleigh, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but I look for you every day. Thank you. It calms me. Good night. Talk tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
EndGame

"I'm just a regular guy, havin' a coupla beers, and enjoying my favorite sport...Why is everyone making such a big deal about it?" (My paraphrase.)

Really.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I just hope you make it back. Some do, some don't.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

mmm...let pack the antlers away guys.

Thomas when you're sober again I really want an answer to this

ask yourself why you're not ready to make that full total commitment yet
not because I'm trying to embarrass you or show how awesome I am.

I know what I think the problem is with you - but me knowing that doesn't help you one bit.

You need to work this out, dude.

D
Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
mmm...let pack the antlers away guys.

Thomas when you're sober again I really want an answer to this

not because I'm trying to embarrass you or show how awesome I am.

I know what I think the problem is with you - but me knowing that doesn't help you one bit.

You need to work this out, dude.

D
Hi Dee, that's an excellent question. I will be as truthful as I can. I am not ready to commit to 100% sobriety. I have not experienced consequences of my actions, except for a mild hangover and lastly, at times I believe I've "earned" some downtime to relax. That's it in a nutshell. Having a nice hot cup of coffee at the moment. I will continue to offer encouragement and support to others if that's ok. Jeff.

By the way, what does it mean to put the antlers away? is that an english phrase?
Old 03-20-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a reference to male deer fighting, Thomas.

I think you're scared Thomas - and while you feel things are still 'manageable' that fear is going to try and get you to put off permanent decision for change for another day.

The problem with that is things can go from manageable to completely unmanageable very fast.

I speak with some authority here cos I was very much like you.

I lost a lot of the things I loved and cherished - but I kept rationalising things were still manageable.

Trust me, This is not a passive condition.

Every drink you take, every week that goes by, your addiction progresses.

D

ps you're very welcome to continue to post here. I believe you know the right things to do even if you find yourself unable to take your own advice right now.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi Dee, that's an excellent question. I will be as truthful as I can. I am not ready to commit to 100% sobriety. I have not experienced consequences of my actions, except for a mild hangover and lastly, at times I believe I've "earned" some downtime to relax. That's it in a nutshell. Having a nice hot cup of coffee at the moment. I will continue to offer encouragement and support to others if that's ok. Jeff.

By the way, what does it mean to put the antlers away? is that an english phrase?
Don't wait until you have the end stage of this. Many of us here could say the same about our drinking. Nobody else in my life caught on to me. Part of you knows something is not right and that is why you are here. Yes, even if you can't wrap your head around quitting stay with us.