Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-19-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Weasel that is rough. Negotiation is such a great skill to learn and can be so fruitful in getting the life we want. Have a great workout.

Big happenings in my life this week as well, Friends. And a major meeting today that I am really nervous about. "No drinkie for me" - SRer.

Thanks for starting the weekend early. Glad to be here. Glad you all are as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I just spent some time reading something in another thread...
anyway, I was wondering to all you NCAA basketball "fans" out there. With all of the "automatic" bids into the tournament, why don't they call the championship games of all of those conference finals round one of the NCAA tournament? HUH? You here me? HUH? That's right. You heard me. Changing the "play-in" games to round 1 so they don't offend anyone is beyond ridiculous. That's not round 1!

Strat - seeing that guy dancing made me think of the Flyers dance guy. This guy is at every flyers home game and his seat is top row on the very end. When I had season tickets I was across the way. He dances at every break. He has become part of the experience now.

Weasel, if you need any landscaping done let me know. My rates are reasonable.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We do a step routine to the TSwift song Strat posted and yeah, we look just like that, all the moves, the hot 80s outfits... Ok not so much.

In! Have a busy, stressful workweek coming up so my plan for the weekend is to chill.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

What, with 'Shake It Off' being the Topic de Jour this Weekend, here's some Treadmill Action Footage set to 'Uptown Funk'. Hell, this might even be Da Weas' Gym Workout Videotaped clandestine, eh?-) Or, BernieE bustin' a move!

'Uptown Funk' ~ Treadmill Moves ~ Run Time 1:32

The full Tune that pays tribute to every Funk Groove from James Brown to Motown to Parliament Funkadelic to Prince. Only >377 Million Views. This aging p/t Sound Engineer loves the stellar Studio Production!

'Uptown Funk' ~ Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars

-----
Old 03-19-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Weas, hugs. Disappointing and makes me mad for you. I can feel it for you since I feel like an afterthought a lot and it hurts.

BigS, have a safe trip. Can you check in from San Jose?

Behan, are you back from your trip? Good to see you.

Bernie, wearing the sweatbands and white shoes/socks combo? That's what stood out to me, along with the shiny Lycra. Oof.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Treadmill songs? Whomever can embed the video in a post please put up OK, Go "Here It Goes Again for some pretty amazing treadmill action
Old 03-19-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Lake Windermere & my old boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0408.JPG (77.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

already had it cued up Ruby

Old 03-19-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

lake thirlmere
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0444.JPG (36.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks gang, yep I'll certainly be checking in from San Jose. I should be arriving in the hotel around this time tomorrow (crossing fingers for an early check-in at the hotel)...I hate it when I take the early flight and arrive too early and thus I can't check-in to the hotel. Last time in San Jose I ended up walking the streets for 3 hours killing time. That's why this time I chose a hotel that's a bit further on the outskirts of town. Not as popular, probably not full. Always tweaking my travel ideas and plans, maybe one of these days I'll get it right!

I tried some practice runs driving to the Guatemala City airport a few weeks ago. It's about an hour away from here. The first try, I got lost and could never find the airport...but I found my way home. The second try, I found the airport but got lost on the way home and had to call my girlfriend to come and find me after driving around the city for a few hours. No, I didn't have a map. And boy, was I ticked off. There are basically ZERO road signs down here so if you don't know exactly where you are going, you will be completely lost without hope....so I figured I'd take the taxi/shuttle to the airport tomorrow instead of chancing frustration. Means I gotta leave earlier than I'd like, but sometimes taking the safer option is just the right thing to do.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

good luck BigS, I don't know if you need a map of San Jose, but you can print some 'street maps' from google if you need to..

keep your seatbelt fastened at all times...

cool pix Mike
Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

There you go Ruby ,
The car performed ok.. if a bit sluggish ..i guess you've got the 2ltr petrol being in the USA ..i have a european edition turbo diesel so it's kinda slow and noisy .. but it was relatively comfortable .. ok on the motorways .. Not as comfy as my old SL500 Mercedes but few cars are .. next kia i get i'll get the cruise control .

The Kia is a lot better on MPG, it's the equivalent of $4.31 for a US gallon of diesel here .. we did about 850 miles on two tanks of fuel .

m
Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
Attached Images
Old 03-19-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Cool pics Mex! I have mostly been around the Scottish islands. Beautiful country, but eaten alive by the midges.

Ruby - we are back, thanks for asking. Was an amazing break. Very relaxing. I love being in the mountains. Keeps me sane!

B
Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

BigS, I'd opt for the taxi/bus too. How frustrating to get lost.

Mec, how beautiful! Thank you for posting the pics. I'd never heard of Lake Thirlmere. It's better than Windermere in the pics. I had a pen friend long ago who lived in Cumbria but she left long ago for sunny Sydney Australia. I think I'd have stayed.

My Kia isn't diesel. And they can be sluggish but I'm glad it was comfy. I'm planning a seven hour trip.

Thanks Brain. I'm going to go for lunch and to watch the treadmill routine. Exercise through osmosis.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks everyone.... One more tidbit of information... The reason this "new" position opened that my buddy took was because the team that he is moving to was one I had worked with on my last project. I was doing the role for both teams and since the role is new and extremely helpful, they suddenly realized that they needed that as well. So they made room in the budget and hired him. Funny... I am very happy that my work resulted in some positive change just not being told before an email to everyone and then glaring over to me to see my reaction was a bunch of el'crapo.

I am not ever one that cares what others at work do. I have my path and I just go about my thing. Ok.... Let it go. Just bummed. I will close that door.

Home and ready to start my weekend! Dinner in a few.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Weasel, I know we aren't supposed to tease you but you are teasing us with these dinner hints. Do tell!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Weasel, I know we aren't supposed to tease you but you are teasing us with these dinner hints. Do tell!
Sorry Ruby... Not really tracking here... Why are you not supposed to tease me?

Going to a place called Ebb and Flow in portland. Look it up. Great food. Was there three weeks ago and it's rare I want to go back someplace so quick. But this place was great. Service, food, atmosphere.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm in and late as usual!!

Weasel, now i'm hungry. Had to look up Ebb and Flow. Think I'll have...

"Northeast coast catch Cioppino, arancini, aioli"

Sounds GREAT!

Hope you have a great dinner and hope everyone has a fantastic sober weekend.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Save me a seat!!