Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-19-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in. ..AV did pop in on st Patrick's day but I made it through with only some grouchiness. Had some family stress too. glad it's Thursday. ..gotta get ready for work. See you all later.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And I'm up for the weekend. This week has been frazzling.

Way to go Phoenix on four weeks.

The radio announcer said good morning to those waking up to "Friday Eve" otherwise known as Thursday. It does feel that way. The sense of anticipation of all the things I can do. And then not get done.

Should be a low key day.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great to be here for the weekenders thread.

I'm traveling to Costa Rica this weekend, a quick 1-hour flight from Guatemala City to San Jose. It's just a quick trip to renew my Visa and I will only be there 2 days. I'll be staying near the US Embassy, a big park, and the national soccer stadium, but aside from that I don't believe there are many "attractions" near my hotel. But, the rates are great and it has everything I need. I'll probably just spend time watching the NCAA tournament! I might head into downtown San Jose on Saturday afternoon, but I am quite familiar with that area and don't feel a pressing need at this time.

Leaving for the airport at 4am tomorrow in a taxi-shuttle. Ugh. Aside from that, I have no real complaints at this time. Work's going okay, I feel a bit more stabilized this week after a busy week hosting my mom. I also had to get my car fixed and bring it to a mechanic, but now that it's completed I have checked another issue off my stress-list.

Pura Vida!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Darn it. I had the wrong video for whatever reason.
Here is the correct one:
Old 03-19-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Strat, that's hysterical. Too much bouncing first thing in the morning for me. I saw it before playing and thought "either Will Farrell Saturday Night Live skit or actual eighties video" and after watching it it's still a toss up

Mec, your trip sounds great. Pictures to share? Did you drive the KIA? I'm planning a trip for the summer with the kids. Is it a comfortable long distance car? Hope the interview went well.

Good to see everyone here already and early. Spring is hitting and alcoholic twinges start coming with the change in weather.

Brain, you hang out at the dentist's office to kill time before shopping? To each their own, I guess. I would have opted for a coffeeshop instead.

At work. See you all in a bit after the initial rush is over.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am in
Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well ruby. I went to a diner. First time I walked out of a diner. I just couldn't see myself spending more than an hour s wage for scrambled eggs. Found another old icon and had bfast.
Ba ck at dentist office. Maybe I should get a job as andriver...
Old 03-19-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I Can see not wanting to spend that much on eggs. Did they come with caviar on the side or just overpriced?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

http://https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.ne...0a&oe=55BA4A93
Jumping on this bus
Old 03-19-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feel like I got punch in the stomach. A coworker that I am close with is moving to another team. That may not sound ,Ike much but I don't get close to to many people. We have forged a great working relationship and even got together outside work. He never said a word until he announced it. He said he couldn't. Well. That may be true but it still hurt.

Still upset but what's there to do. Got ready for a story grooming meeting. Let me get back to work.

Dinner out tonight. I am eating nothing all day. Want to eat everything I want to later.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I be in.

Packing up to move out West f/t. Man, have we collected the Guano at this City House. Nature Abhors A Vacuum.

From the Scottish Outer Hebrides Isle of Lewis, here's a fab Pic of the Auroras earlier this week caused by a couple of major, Class G4 [out of 5] Solar Flares. A.k.a. 'CMEs' -> Coronal Mass Ejections. Bigguns.

Aurora Borealis Story ~ USA Today

-----
Attached Images
Old 03-19-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Weasel, I'm sorry to hear that. It's disappointing when someone with whom you have a good relationship suddenly ups and goes. Even if it's best for them, I've always felt a twinge of hurt(?).

Mesa, that picture is fantastic in the true meaning of the word. It doesn't look real. When I saw it the thought popped into my head that if one is seeking a power greater than oneself, just look at that. Spiritual or science, the heavens were ablaze. Awesome.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

(((Weasel))) That's a real bummer.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

sorry to hear you losing a work mate weasel, hopefully things stay even keel...
Strat - you are killing me. Made me think about sweatin to the oldies. I'm not sure if MesaMan owns a black wig or not, but I wonder...

MM, solar storms are one thing I don't miss about work. We was always under the threat of being taken out by a strong magnetic disturbance. Weird too, just a month ago I almost signed up for a few classes to prepare for seeking a job. Yeah, I could take out the lights on the east coast with a flick - or not - of a switch. Actually, the computerization and microsecond response to disturbances is mind boggling. Being on the source end of it was a pain though, cause when the grid went down, it took us with it.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Weasel-I am sorry to hear about your coworker going to work for another team, esp given you have a good work relationship.

Lbrain-too funny with the dancing to the oldies.

Since March Madness is starting, here is some more shaking it off by a U of A band member at the tournament last year!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

In...on....very here
Old 03-19-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks... His loss. I was just standing next to him and someone comes up and he says he got the letter. No explaination about what. If he told no one then how did she know what kind of letter he referred to. Clearly others knew and he chose for whatever reason to not include me.

He is now going to be a junior for the role I perform as a senior. So we will work together and he has a bunch to learn. He showed me his offer letter. Damn fool could have gotten more money if he told me. I know the salary bands and the levels and as a result of him not negotiating well he is way underpaid. I make 40k more a year than him. And that's with his raise. He could have done much better.

Time to let that go. Just I have not had any friends of late around me local so I just don't feel like this will be one either. Whatever.

One more meeting with the big wigs and outta here. Day off tomorrow. Going to just relax and get some workouts in.

K
Old 03-19-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Weasel
Old 03-19-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

On the bus folks! Great to see you all, I hope you are all well. The sober bus is racing along, I can barely keep up!

Sorry to hear about the sudden departure of your colleague K - I find it very difficult when colleagues with whom I get on with move on.

Amazing picture Mesaman! We are due a partial solar eclipse here tomorrow at 9:30am!

Have a good trip BigS!

LBrain, I have only been to the dentist for the first time recently in my entire adult life! They terrify me! All I required was a clean! I was shocked.

Nearly finished work for the day - will check in later soberenders!

B