Notices

day 3 of sobriety

Old 03-17-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

3 days of sobriety is a miracle and deserves some acknowledgment. Remember not so long ago in our history alcoholics were locked away in mental asylums and lobotomized. The age of miracles is now, your recovery proves that. To answer your question regarding staying stopped, all I can share with you is my experience. I am an alcoholic of the hopeless variety, I was unable to get and stay sober. I tried every imaginable remedy to my problem, which is where I relate to you and your attempting to substitute hard liquor for beer, I did that a swell. I always landed back at the same place of despair. When sober I was miserable, irritable, restless and discontent. I no longer wanted to drink, but I was unable to stop, powerless. I couldn't live sober and I couldn't live drunk, my life was unmanageable. I had been trying to run the show for 33 years and had failed miserably. I needed a new manager! I became involved in the fellowship of AA and found love and support, I found people like me who had recovered from the hopeless state I was in. I followed their path and found a new manager for my life, God. That was 34 years ago and by the grace of God I have not had a drink since that day. Trusting in God, clearing the wreckage of my past and helping others find a daily reprieve has been my solution to continuous sobriety, one day at a time.