SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Name something you are... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/362193-name-something-you.html)

Alynn 03-16-2015 08:28 AM

Name something you are...

thankful for today and GO!!!!

I'm thankful spring is coming up. I've got my little gardern started in the loft in front of a big window. About 60 little sprouts of veggies ready to be planted in a couple of weeks.

So name at least one thing you are thankful for today. No matter how small :)

SDH73 03-16-2015 08:32 AM

I'm thankful that I went shopping yesterday and have a kitchen full of nutritious food. I'm not rich, but I'm doing okay.:)

Jsbodhi 03-16-2015 08:34 AM

I'm thankful I have work and am able to go to school

countrygirl2014 03-16-2015 08:43 AM

I am thankful I am a naturally mellow person. For years I drank to be more talkative, open, outgoing. I became obnoxious and nutty. I am thankful for acceptance of me.
I am very thankful for my daughter.
And new baby chicks
And...and...I could go on and on today!

Jennifer

snowbunting 03-16-2015 08:50 AM

I'm totally thankful for the arrival of spring too! I planted some potatoes today. This will be my first time growing potatoes :)

I'm thankful too for my husband being back from his trip. I hate it when he's away.

JT0626 03-16-2015 09:04 AM

I'm thankful that even though the budget was blown we have food & all bills are paid. I might be broke the next 2 weeks, but I'm not hungry nor cold!

Aellyce 03-16-2015 09:15 AM

I'm thankful for some exciting new opportunities in my life. Exploring novelty and unknown areas have always been a characteristic of me, except during the ~2 years at the end of my drinking, when this suffered heavily and I just wanted to keep repeating the same destructive routine and isolate myself. It's very nice to have my passion for innovation back, and the motivation to use it.

I'm also happy for spring, and this is something I have not felt I don't even remember how many years... I was usually most depressed in the spring and feeling nostalgic for the cold and gloomy seasons. Last year at the same time I was still relatively newly sober and did not experience things the way I do now.

least 03-16-2015 09:17 AM

I'm grateful for the warm weather - dog walking weather! And grateful that my parents raised us to be animal lovers. :)

Soberwolf 03-16-2015 09:41 AM

Im grateful for the dinner that i prepared today

gracetuesday 03-16-2015 09:52 AM

I am grateful to be sober and alive. And certainly grateful for the warmer weather!

sobercousin 03-16-2015 09:54 AM

I'm thankful for what a sober future will bring.

I planted my spring garden yesterday. All sorts of goodies like lettuce, spinach, kale, peas, carrots, and more. I also have my summer seeds germinating now. They'll make for a great dinner with a big glass of tea.

JD4010 03-16-2015 09:56 AM

My two kitties! They keep me hopping.

Mentium 03-16-2015 10:13 AM

That I'm coming up to 48 hours since my last drink!

Jupiters 03-16-2015 10:18 AM

another vote for Spring.
We had the most brutally cold February where I am, so we are all more than happy to say goodbye to weather that was -40 with windchill.
I'm grateful I can now walk to and from work again!!!:D

Anna 03-16-2015 10:26 AM

I am so thankful that the weather is changing and I will heading for a long walk very soon. Can't wait!

twal 03-16-2015 10:28 AM

I'm thankful for Sober Recovery and the wonderful people that belong to it.

Gilmer 03-16-2015 11:06 AM

I'm grateful that sometimes I'm permitted to be in the right place at the right time.

AliWProk 03-16-2015 11:14 AM

I am grateful for SR and the friends I've made here. Also, for the sun in my face and the wind at my back!

Carlotta 03-16-2015 11:19 AM

I am thankful that I woke up pain free and able to walk, shower and get to my meeting today.

I m thankful that even though I went through some major physical pain last week I did not pick up a drink (did not even consider it) or a drug (now I thought a couple of times about asking a friend for pot).

I am thankful for my friends here on SR and also in RT.
Especially my coworker who after talking to me on Sat brought me a pizza and a bottle of pop, another friend who delivered an anonymous gift (Grumpy cat snow globe) on my front porch and the same coworker (pizza one) who told me he d be my back up this week if I start hurting again and couldn't work.

Foolsgold186 03-16-2015 11:21 AM

That I'm here and sober! Baby due in 8 weeks! So thankful for that