Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

What physical Symptoms if any did you have passed 3 Month mark?

Notices

What physical Symptoms if any did you have passed 3 Month mark?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi All, did you have or do you have any physical symptoms passed 3 months?

Ive had prety intense PAWS after a crappy withdrawel,...

Im 3 months 21 days sober now.

I dont cope very well with tirednesd as Im not used to being tired as would always have beers. I find that I read into the symptoms of being tired to much.

Ie: am I feeling faint? Is this headache in the back of my head, had checkups Docs happy.

The anxiety has massively gone and now I find its more about controlling stress.

So dealing with stress and getting used to tiredness are my 2 physical challenges post 3 months.

Keen to hear how your going and sny natural therapies worth trying etc.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi mrjustin...I'm sober just over 3 months as well. I feel your pain, I am still struggling with being tired/sleepy around the middle of the day. It was horrible in the beginning. I swear it felt like I was being drugged.

The anxiety has improved also but my emotions are still all over the place.

I guess we just have to be patient and ride it out. I hear from so many that things will keep getting better.

Don't have much advice but wanted to let you know that you are not alone out there. Congrats on 3 months!
Old 03-15-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mr. Justin,

I'm about 4.5 months sober and still a little confused about PAWS, but I will say I was surprised to find that these are symptoms of getting sober.

I've also struggled a lot with tiredness, anxiety, irritability and depression as well as intense sugar/fat/crap food cravings.

My best defense against the tiredness has been my routine and nutrition. I find now if I don't exercise in the morning my mood and energy levels are terrible throughout the day. I also identified the time of my energy slumps (usually around the same time every day) and make sure to have an energy packed snack with me, usually an apple, to get me through the rest of the day.

I'm still struggling with a strict sleep hygiene routine (going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday) but when I do it also makes a difference.

Honestly I tried to quit caffeine and withdrawals from that over and above everything else were just too much, but I'm down to two cups a day, one in the morning and in the afternoon (between 12-3pm, never later or you won't sleep!)

Cutting out refined sugar and carbs is difficult but I can't tell you what a huge difference it's made.

I'm not and never have been a health nut by any stretch of the imagination but continuously feeding my body with green and lean foods at the right times, as well as exercising a little everyday, keeps my mind and energy levels straight.

Together with the actual routine of all this - it's been my tether. Like I say, I've never been particularly healthy and am still a little overweight, but my goals have been to stay sober and forge healthy, daily habits.

I know it may seem cliche, but I honestly was kicking myself when I realized what a difference these factors made - why it'd taken me so long to implement them (ESP exercise in the morning!)

For the anxiety/depression...I'd like to give you a quick fix but there are none other than patience and perhaps meditation.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Jdvivre
Old 03-15-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Lake of glitter. Its really reassuring to hear from others that we are all going through similar things.

Since quitting the booz Ive felt really vulnerable, like im kinda waiting for something bad to happen to me!
Old 03-15-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

i still had depression hanging about until about 6 months .

My memory was shot and my get up and go was variable ,

3 months , 6 , 9 and 12 were all sticky and tough patches to get through . i don't know if it was because of a natural or psychological reason ??

Take it in your stride and keep on , keep learning

m
Old 03-15-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Month four, nagging headaches went away, insomnia disappeared and I began slowly dropping some weight. I too became more vigilant in nutrition and exercise. Still consume too much sugar but I'll cut back when my body tells me to.

I was taking some natural supplements with herbs and melatonin to help with sleep. Don't need it now. Exercise helps with anxiety and depression as well as sleep. I know it's hard to get motivated to move when you're tired and depressed but if you do something you enjoy, it makes a huge difference physically and mentally. Hang in there!
Old 03-15-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What does AVRT mean?

What does AVRT mean?
And PAWS? what is that?
Old 03-15-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I drive a taxi, Long hours, so tired anyway. I'm sleeping right through the night now. Boredom and anger are my main 2 symptoms. only 20 days for me, but have passed the 2 month mark a few times. I find it hard to explain how I feel at times. Mixed feelings/emotions.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Amazing accomplishment making it 3 months. I just wanted to highlight that