Notices

Gratefullness

Old 03-14-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Gratefullness

Gratefulness, it is about recognizing and is pleased about the encouraging things in our lives, and it’s critical to improvements. Thankfulness in improvements can help out anyone live free and sober. Of all the tackles people can be taught to assist them and manage in life without drugs or alcohol, Appreciation is to step up and the most important, although it can also be one of the most difficult.

Today at my meeting, the topic was gratitude. We all have something to be grateful in our life when we are going through a sober life cycle. I just want everyone to know that life is hard being sober, however it is easy if you find inside what is grateful to you. If you always have negative outburst on life then you will always feel angry, selfish, unkindness, lack of appreciation, thanklessness.

I wanted to share this today for people who are struggling with the whole sober life. What works for me each day is to find something positive in your life today and keep doing this each day. It really works for me and it can work for you. Try it! I am grateful that I have a family can support me for the things I done in their life and they have forgiven me for it. I am thankful that I can do things with my kids now, rather than drink. I am thankful for my sober life that has taken me to a better road of successful. I am thankful that I lost 20 pounds in 36 days. I am thankful that I taught my dog to speak when she needs to go outside. I am thankful that my daughter and I can look at each other and just burst out laughing. I am thankful for finding new friends in my life here and my meetings.

One thing you are grateful for each day can really make a difference in your life. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. If you apprehend how prevailing your feelings were, you would never reflect another downbeat thought again. Too often, we hold around things from our past that hurt us – doubts, embarrassments, annoyance, aches, etc. Holding onto rage is like drinking toxic and expecting the other person to breathe your last breath. Don’t let these negative points from the past deprive your present joy. You had to live though these things in the past, and although unfortunate, they can’t be changed. But if the only place they live today is in your mind, then let go, move on, and be happy. You can decide right now that negative experiences from your past will not forecast your future.

Thanks for letting me share and if you have anything to say I would love to hear it.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 03-14-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yep.

I start each and every single day with the practice of One Good Thing.

I find One Good Thing to be Grateful for no matter how much of a stretch it may be or how 'fake' it may feel at the time. I find that thing and I focus on being Grateful for it....

And One Good Thing Always Leads To Another.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really nice post Jen
Old 03-14-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just what I needed. I tend to drift into a negative mindset. I really don't mean to it just happens! Need to remember all of the blessings in my life
Old 03-14-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I started to practice gratitude at about 3 months sober. It was then that I started feeling secure in my sobriety. Gratitude changed my attitude for the better.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Practicing gratitude is such an important part of recovery.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
yep.

I start each and every single day with the practice of One Good Thing.

I find One Good Thing to be Grateful for no matter how much of a stretch it may be or how 'fake' it may feel at the time. I find that thing and I focus on being Grateful for it....

And One Good Thing Always Leads To Another.

Hi FreeOwl,

I have to agree, it makes us feel good about something each day when we think positive. I feel fuzzy inside when I think good things will happen in my life if I let things in.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Practicing gratitude is such an important part of recovery.
Hi Anna, I wish I knew this a long time ago how gratitude is an important in your life. I am teaching my 14 year old to think positive. Like the other night we both were bumping heads cause we were making little things get to us. The answer we found out we both were hungry... the joy of that we are just fine now.. its that simple!!
Old 03-14-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
Just what I needed. I tend to drift into a negative mindset. I really don't mean to it just happens! Need to remember all of the blessings in my life
Hi Alynn I am glad that I could help, that makes me feel good that I can make someone's day.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've been keeping a journal during this journey and I think I will begin writing down at least one thing I am grateful for each day also.'
Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Jen, your post about gratitude was beautiful. I remember when I first got sober that I was grateful for the smell of my shampoo. My sense of smell was coming back after being dead for so long. I am so glad that you are in recovery and that what you are learning is even helping your daughter and you to get along better. And the weight loss! I am jealous! Take care and keep coming back.