Notices

Flag Dates

Old 03-13-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flag Dates

I don't know what they're called, I call them Flag Dates. Dates when I say I'm going to stop drinking. It's usually Sunday or Monday, or the first of the month, or New Years. I've never been to AA, but I can't imagine how congested newcomers' meetings are on January 1st. It must be insane.

I'm giving Flag Dates up. They're arbitrary. There's no difference between any Monday and Thursday the 12th. There's nothing that sets New Years Day apart from February 17th other than the hangover. Every day is New Years Day, just commit. I need to commit.

Likewise, I'm not counting my sober days. I've slipped and I'll probably slip again. I'm flawed like any human being. I started counting when I recognized the fact that I had a problem and asked my friends for help. But I'm looking forward, not back. If I **** up, that's on me. I'm still that person who recognized his problem 11 months ago, and I'm still looking ahead at the amazing superhero I want to be.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your here Philly

Took me 3 months to get sober when i did i stayed sober today im 20 months today it is possible theres ppl on this site with 33+ years of sobriety ive heard of 40 year chips thats older than me im 32 thats seriously inspiring letting me know its possible & so it is for you also take it by day/hours and find your acceptance there doesnt have to be any more slips

If you ever want to chat vent etc send a pm bud
Old 03-13-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Glad your here Philly

Took me 3 months to get sober when i did i stayed sober today im 20 months today it is possible theres ppl on this site with 33+ years of sobriety ive heard of 40 year chips thats older than me im 32 thats seriously inspiring letting me know its possible & so it is for you also take it by day/hours and find your acceptance there doesnt have to be any more slips

If you ever want to chat vent etc send a pm bud
Venting helps. I might hit you up on that :P