Notices

Personal Best!!

Old 03-13-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Personal Best!!

Hey!

Reached my longest ever sober time today of 13 days!
From tomorrow will officially be the longest I think I've ever gone in my adult life (20yrs) without a drink! Which is both fabulous yet tragic lol
I'm especially pleased because I had some perfect easy excuses to drink tonight:

a) there is a birthday in the family
b) we have a family visitor staying tonight
c) it's Friday
d) AV wants me to celebrate.

Yet as I bought the wine for my sister-in-law and even poured her glass, I didn't feel tempted! No I really didn't!!? Instead I had 2 pints... of green tea!! Yeah I did!! ME!! When my SIL questioned it I just (truthfully) said how I'm on a bit of a health kick and have cut back on coffee and sugar too, but made it clear I'm definitely not pregnant (as I know that would be her first assumption!) Anyway she nodded and we moved on to other topics. It was that easy!!

Which brings me to my last point: I'm so glad I live a lifestyle that is conducive to sobriety. I never go out due to having kids abroad and no family, so really no tempting social situations or people asking questions. If my husband was suprised at me declining wine he did not bat an eyelid or question it. Tho I'm sure he prefers me sober. Ooooh this is so exciting!!! I wonder where this sober train is taking me; how long the journey will be?? Could I really actually DO this? It feels so natural and right to be free from nasty toxins! Like I'm not not even missing out either?? Is this a common feeling, when you exceed your personal best sober time?? I know 2 weeks is not long in the grand scheme of things, but right now I'm euphoric and so proud!!

Happy weekend all
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exellent Cowgirlie
Old 03-13-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Cowgirlie View Post
Which brings me to my last point: I'm so glad I live a lifestyle that is conducive to sobriety. I never go out due to having kids abroad and no family, so really no tempting social situations or people asking questions.
Cowgirlie! Great job. I love a celebration. Love a sober celebration even more these days. I am going to be the buzz-kill friend who reminds you that you have a lifestyle that is equally conducive to being lost in alcohol. . I really missed you when you were gone as your smile lights up SR. Guard your sobriety. Perfect excuses are everywhere.

Celebrate and feel your accomplishments to the fullest.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

for every "perfect" excuse to drink, you had two good reasons not to drink,

congrats on your two week achievement

do not be satisfied with two weeks
Old 03-13-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome!