Notices

struggling with growth - stagnant? Please help :-/

Old 03-13-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Sweet, sweet growpath - try not to forget that you are healing in mind, body, soul and spirit. It all seems to happen silently, but healing requires an enormous amount of energy. It could be that our bodies deliberately slow us down so that it has the energy to heal.

Be patient with yourself; changes and improvements will enfold gently.

'Contemplation' helped me enormously and facilitated the peeling away of the layers of my alcoholic-skin, allowing me the opportunity to examine the personal 'failures' which led me to choose alcohol as a coping tool instead of digging deep inside to find the courage and strength I possessed to deal with life.

Feeling stuck could well be the catalyst for that much needed contemplation (and possibly the proof that you are right you should be).

You are doing well, growpath. You may not be able to see it yet but have faith that you are headed in the right direction.
My sweet soul sister

You're nothing short of amazing!!! This post hit me deep and was a huge impact on me! I can only desire to be as positive, sweet, caring and wise as you are one day!!!!!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
learning to live

happy - Again, I am here if you need a friend. Thank you so much for the advice! You are exactly right. There are some extraordinary things in my life stressing me out. My stupid brain is accustomed to turning to alcohol when these things hit. I know alcohol just makes these problems 10x worse. I think if I keep my GRATITUDE in check and remember things will work out, that I am growing and that is why it hurts and that I will come out stronger in the long run then, I can handle these things just as I did many times before sober. Thanks so much!!!

Marcher and strat - YES! Gratitude! I truly believe you guys are right and this is where it all starts!!! I sent you both messages. Thank you for taking the time to post!!

gotta - that is exactly how I felt yesterday!!! I know today is a good day compared to then. But I know selfishness and self pity will strike once again & AV will settle right in and attempt control with whatever morsel of self hate he/she can prey on. But after all of this great advice I feel better equipped with ammunition to fight back. Lets keep on growing and striving to be the best people we can be providing self love the whole way through.

Sorry to take up so many posts BUT I want you all to know how thankful I am. I attribute A HUMONGOUS part of my changed mind frame to the support I receive here at SR
Old 03-13-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi friend, the responses you've gotten from those a little further down the path are so comforting aren't they. Lots of special folks seem to care about you. I don't have enough sober experience yet to add one bit of wisdom, but I did take a picture just over two hours ago after a down pouring of rain (after the storm so to speak) that I wanted to share. And if you could have heard the birds singing too!

Last edited by Mark1014; 03-15-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
learning to live

Awe my sweet FAD

I love it. and I am pretty good at using my imagination so I can hear the birds chirping along.

Also - I beg to differ. I think you are doing AMAZING and in the 24 thread I can see so much growth; there and in the messages you have sent to me. You are a caring person and you want sobriety more than anything. I know one day you will be adding inspirational wisdom to the newcomers.....I have no doubt in that at all!!!! xoxx thanks for the beautiful picture. I love rainbows and actually I collect birds.

PS I love the new avater....LETS GO! NOW!

HUGSSSS!!!! Thank you for being a friend.....Golden Girls bust out toon
Old 03-14-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
p***enger

Growpath I think you've had enough responses and even gotten the picture

But I just want to add my $.02 anyway -- you're fabulous, you're doing great, and as for growth -- well, you know how I feel about birds & flowers.

When the bird is in the egg, can you see it growing? ... Does that mean it isn't growing? ...

Yesterday I was passing a partly snow-covered patch of ground in my neighborhood, and there were 3 inch shoots pushing out of the mud that weren't there the day before.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
learning to live

Snark! Thank you

I think you are all you mentioned above PLUS SOME! Thanks for being here with me this whole way through and for never once quitting believing in me

You're right and I totally love the analogies!!!!!!