Notices

Back from Business Trip

Old 03-12-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from Business Trip

Hi all, I just got back from my first convention out of town and was able to participate in the social activities without having anything to drink. It was a great feeling telling people I wasn't drinking anymore and most everyone one got it and was happy for me.

The great feeling to come out of all of it is that whatever business I got done at these shows was usually overshadowed by the anxiety of the ridiculous **** I would have talked to people the night before or the fact that I looked like crap or was all sweaty the next day at the show. Even funner (and I know this is a bit selfish), it was enjoyable to see other people (that hopefully don't have drinking problems) all sweaty and hung over this morning and there was me all bright eyed and bushy tailed feeling great.

The anxiety was not present and I would trade the feeling of relaxation any day for the partying I used to do.

My best to all of you out there and keep up the effort, you will see the signs that life is always better without the drink.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
For Grace

I have an out of town business trip in 2 weeks that is making me nervous so this was a very timely post to read. Thank you for sharing. This gives me hope that it can be done!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exellent Redheadinus congrats
Old 03-12-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome job!

I have a work event next Thursday (first day of NCAA Tournament) which has me nervous. I've managed to get totally hammered every year and just be nervous as heck about what I might have said or done (in addition to not remembering a lot of the games). Planning to stay 100% sober this year and just have a club soda in hand at all times. Figure I'll be able to have a lot more constructive business conversations when I'm not fixated on bellying up to the bar to make sure I can always get a refill.