SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/36179-newbie.html)

Sandy Marie 08-16-2004 08:26 PM

Hello Everyone,
My name is Sandy alcoholic for about 15 years. I started drinking as a teen with my boyfriend just for kicks. Well, I married that boyfriend and guess what? We're still drinking. Other than that, I come from a long line of alcoholics and it's considered normal to drink heavily. I have 2 great children who turned out better than me. HAHAHA! No, but really. I have got to quit drinking now as I've started sampling other drugs and I don't like where it's taking me. I've been sober for a little bit now, but I'm not out of the woods yet. I've started back to college and will be putting in my application to nursing school within the year. I really want to clean up my act and go in with my head on straight. I don't know where all of this is taking me, but I'm just trying to take it all one day at a time.
This place looks friendly, so I hope you don't mind if I hang around for a bit. I'd like to try some of the meetings maybe. I need to figure out the avatar thing too.
Thank you. Sandy

usatoday 08-16-2004 08:53 PM

Hi Sandy,
Welcome to SR. You definitely did come to the right place. There's many forums you can post on and meetings daily. The people here are fantastic and you'll get tons of love and support. Just wait. More folks will be coming by to welcome you. :wavey:

Chy 08-16-2004 08:58 PM

Hi Sandy,
Welcome to SR! Sit back, grab a decaf (late here), and scroll and click around. You'll settle in just fine here, and gain some insight on how to go about this. Many good folks here, who understand, and been there as well. Good recovery happens here, we're glad you found us!

3legacy 08-16-2004 09:10 PM

Welcome Sandy :wavey:
We've been waiting for you! Virtual Coffee served 24/7, chatroom and lots of cool message boards. Look forward to hearing more from you soon.

((((((((Sandy :flowers1: )))))))),
Three Legs
:tri

Sandy Marie 08-17-2004 06:22 AM

Thank you for the welcome and support Chy and 3legacy.

3legacy 08-17-2004 06:28 AM

Sandy:
Up for a short chat this morning? I am heading out of town and have obligations to meet before going to the big city to fly out of town but have some time while doing laundry to meet in the chatroom if you wish? Just let me know and I will campout there for a bit right now.
((((((((Sandy))))))))
Three Legs

Tenzin 08-17-2004 06:41 AM

Welcome to the boards, Sandy. The people here are second to none, you have found your way to a wonderful place.

(((HUGS)))

Sandy Marie 08-17-2004 08:01 AM

Thank you Tenzin for the wonderful welcome. I'm starting to feel connected to this website. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to get to know you better as time goes. I'll try to locate your posts.