Notices

Types of therapy

Old 03-24-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

*Update*

So I failed my 1 on 1 therapy session. I never went, found "other" important things to do, haha(yeah right). I still want to do it but this week I am feeling a complete lack of motivation. I do not have an appointment but was told I could show up on a walk in basis and it shouldn't take more than an hour to see somebody who is a qualified psychologist. If I had a set appt. I would make it, but when left to my own unmotivated self I just procrastinate.

Now, the Group therapy was a success! I showed up! With a set appt. I am pretty decent at keeping commitments. The group therapy was a good mid sized group, that was actually refreshing. My "addict" radar went of with a few people, but thats not the focus of the group. Its more and anxiety, depression based group with 2 people leading it. One thing I did take home was the link between procrastination and perfection. I realized I procrastinate a lot because I like to be a perfectionist, and I know that once I commit to something it will be an undertaking due to my need to be perfect. Frustrating and I imagine there are both negative and positive spins to this. I probably wouldn't even post as much if there wasn't an "edit" button available to perfect my post after I hit the "post" button.

I should just really go even though I have to settle for a temp therapist who may be ok, or may be awesome.