Notices

Sober

Old 03-11-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober

So I have been sober like 2 weeks now and constipated feel bloarted all the time. Terrible. I am tempted to have a bit of wione just to clear muyself out! Not that I actually need a drink.

Any advice? I am eatin bran flakes every day but no avail. I think after 12 years drinking my body has reprogramed itself.

really cant stand this blaoted feeling anymore and I know that one drink of wine will sort me out! That is physical dependance not mental it SUCKS
Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi
Have you thought of seeking medical advice?

BE WELL
Old 03-11-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gravitate View Post
So I have been sober like 2 weeks now and constipated feel bloarted all the time. Terrible. I am tempted to have a bit of wione just to clear muyself out! Not that I actually need a drink.

Any advice? I am eatin bran flakes every day but no avail. I think after 12 years drinking my body has reprogramed itself.

really cant stand this blaoted feeling anymore and I know that one drink of wine will sort me out! That is physical dependance not mental it SUCKS
Hey Gravitate,

I had to admit I chuckled when I saw "bloarted" but realised you may have done a typo. I still think it's a good word though.

Gotta say that when I stopped drinking I didn't eat for about 5 days, but the poop was loose. It was like I had a sprinkler attachment on my ring. Any liquid I drank went straight through the poo shooter.

I think my kidneys and liver were trying to repair themselves so they could process urine.

I thought about starting a thread on here about peoples' poop experiences when they were giving up, but decided it would be in bad taste

Anyway - don't pick up a glass of wine. Or any other alcohol. Take some prune juice or use a cork screw to pull it out. But no wine. Okay?

Edit - This is not meant to be medical advice. See your doctor before prying loose your poo with a corkscrew.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

It takes time for our bodies to undo the damage i agree in speaking with a Dr about this aswell

The bloating will go & congrats on 2 weeks sober thats great
Old 03-11-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
totfit

Drink lots of water and get lots of exercise. Sometimes you retain water after you quit, because you have been in a constant dehydrated state. It may should counter to drink lots of water, when you are retaining water, but this will help get your system back to normal. You actually retain more water when you have not been getting enough. Exercise helps "everything".
Old 03-11-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had the same issues when I first stopped drinking - it does pass. I spoke to my GP about and was able to get something to help.

Having a glass of wine will most definately not help - not in the long term....or the short for that matter.

Speak to your GP! And congratulations on 2 weeks!!
Old 03-11-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by gravitate View Post
Not that I actually need a drink.
Maybe don't need one, but your addiction has you thinking that wine can fix bloat and that a glass will make you feel better.

This is called AV, for addictive voice. It wants you to drink.

Don't.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Take a strong laxative. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL. This too shall pass. (pun intended)
Old 03-11-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Maybe don't need one, but your addiction has you thinking that wine can fix bloat and that a glass will make you feel better.

This is called AV, for addictive voice. It wants you to drink.

Don't.
Well said... AV will give you any reason to drink. I have a lot of stomach problems too, I find eating a clean diet with veggies, water, lean meats and oatmeal with chia seeds, and hemp hearts in the morning helps me detox and feel better stomach-wise. A lot of people binge on sugary snacks and/or junk food when they are withdrawing from alcohol, is that what you've been doing? Maybe it's been hard on your system. All the best - tell that AV to shut the heck up! You're doing amazing!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've had that issue in the past. Now I take a daily fiber supplement and try to eat at least some raw fruit and vegetables every day. Oatmeal and whole grains are good fiber-wise too.
I get plenty of exercise and drink a LOT of water.

This time around I've had zero trouble in that department.

If you've done all you can do with diet and supplements and the problem persists it might be time to see a dr.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Gravitate!!