Notices

New to recovery and really need to join a chat room

Old 03-12-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ok, help! I feel like a failure. I have a very close friend I guess you could say he's my boyfriend. He's a heavy drinker. I see him about three times a week. I told him the day I quit I needed support and to not have wine around. when I got to his house yesterday he had a glass poured and said one drink wouldn't hurt. I caved in and before I new it was back at my normal routine. Not only did I finish the bottle but I opened another and had half of that one. I woke up this morning so angry at myself. I'm not going to do this though. I DO want to recover and I guess I'm starting back at day 1. The two questions I have are 1) will I feel those awful physical effect again like I did the first day I didn't drink? 2) what do I do about my friend? Tell him if he can't support my decision I can't be friends with him? Sorry I failed you guys but I WILL make it through this. Hearing all your stories and having your support makes me feel so much better and makes this so much easier. I'm just disappointed I didn't have enough self control to not take that glass of wine 😔
Old 03-12-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi New2, well, your friend might have been right in the fact that one wouldn't hurt. But he didn't know that you can't just have one. So lesson learned there. I will not offer relationship advice as they are all different. But you're resolve to become sober is paramount at this time and I believe you know what you need to do, and that you certainly are capable of doing it. Get back on the horse and move forward. Best wishes.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi New2recovery...if youre wanting a chat room, please come and see us. All you need to do is click on the " chat room" button (top right of the screen) and come on in. We have a great bunch of people that come in, all struggling to greater or lesser degrees. There are no set times people are in there.

Also, there are online meetings in there on Tuesdays and Fridays 9pm est.

Hope we see you about, hang in there.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Welcome to all new members, just stick in here and will see you will get support
Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Been There

I'm 6 weeks into this and it's a struggle some days but WAY easier than that first week. I'm the same way....great job, love of my life to come home to every night, everything is awesome. Worked myself up to 1.75 Litre bottle of Vodka every day after work, until I had 3 hour blackouts. I was highly functional though, did laundry, cooked, cleaned....woke up in the morning and wondered who the hell came to my house and did all that work! It happens to the best of us and it's not our fault, it's this damn disease. Find an AA meeting, you will find people who understand you, it's the only place I find people who understand me.