SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   no smoke but can smell fire (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/361667-no-smoke-but-can-smell-fire.html)

katatak 03-10-2015 03:12 PM

no smoke but can smell fire

Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
Now thats out....its day 2 of no synthetic pot. Had noo sleep feel like my body is 80+ my head is so loud my tummy is so sore. I haven't eaten since my last smoke. Feeling weak an tired from the constant battle with my brain...please tell me it gets easier :(

sva777 03-10-2015 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by katatak (Post 5251013)
Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
Now thats out....its day 2 of no synthetic pot. Had noo sleep feel like my body is 80+ my head is so loud my tummy is so sore. I haven't eaten since my last smoke. Feeling weak an tired from the constant battle with my brain...please tell me it gets easier :(

I would tell you it gets better and it might but I don't know anything about synthetic pot.

Thepatman 03-10-2015 03:35 PM

I know nothing about weed addiction.

But, logic dictates that if you hand on and keep strong, that things will be better.
It might not be instant, but with patience you will get there.

Rooting for you !

doggonecarl 03-10-2015 03:35 PM

Early recovery is tough, with withdrawals and the mind tricks that the addiction plays on us to get us to use. Stay strong. It gets better, but only if you muscle through the tough parts and acquire some clean time.

katatak 03-10-2015 03:37 PM

Thanks... I believe that s have the problem I dont know much about it but smoked it for 2 years :(

calikidd 03-10-2015 03:38 PM

I think this is going to be harder than I thought, I have no real appetite

katatak 03-10-2015 03:47 PM

I smoked pot an quit a few times never felt this way...makes me wonder what have I really been smoking :/

Soberwolf 03-10-2015 03:48 PM

Welcome nice to meet you

Anna 03-10-2015 04:04 PM

Katatak, I hope you feel better soon.

JCMJ 03-10-2015 05:03 PM

Hoping not to be to intrusive with this question but how would one acquire synthetic pot. It must differ depending on the region but I haven't heard much of it where I live in a couple years or more. Let me clarify that I'm not looking to try any. I am genuinely curious because it was in convenience stores at a time then it was gone in an instant. I never touched it but I knew a few people that experimented and were not interested in giving up the organics. They said the after effects were rough. Stay strong and sober.

doggonecarl 03-10-2015 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by katatak (Post 5251060)
I...makes me wonder what have I really been smoking :/

Unregulated Chinese chemicals sprayed on gosh knows what. And the full dangers of it are just now coming to light.

racingthoughts 03-10-2015 08:17 PM

I'm a recovering weed addict. Smoked a good amount of synthetic weed too, mainly when I didn't have access to the real stuff. In my experience, both are bad. What I will say though, is that when I was smoking synthetic, I felt the compulsion to smoke over and over throughout the day more than normal weed. I can't tell you how quitting synthetic specifically is as I hadn't smoked it in a couple months before I quit weed. I can imagine the two being similar though. I didn't have much appetite for a few weeks quitting weed too, which makes me think this. You should definitely check out the Marijuana Addiction forum. There's a lot of great stuff over there for dealing with this kind of thing. Stay strong, it will get better. It will likely be a rollercoaster of emotions for a long time, but it WILL get better.

katatak 03-11-2015 01:43 AM

Thank you all for such great support....
I went from 3g a week to 3g a day without even noticing and befor I knew it, it had a firm grip on me.coming up to the end of day 2 and im feeling the strain of it my head is thumping an feel everything is a struggle at the moment.
:cries3