Notices

30 days

Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. People say it gets better but when? I feel incomplete like a hole is in me. I don't have a ugre to drink to fill it. Which I'm grateful for but how can I fill this hole? I hate that I still feel lost.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

It gets a lot better Congrats on your 30 days Quiethero thats fantastic
Old 03-08-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think time will help heal that feeling. I am only at 2 months but am much more settled than I was at 1.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can really relate to that feeling of having a hole inside you, for me exercise and reading help but the only thing that ever truly feels fulfilling is when I help somebody in some way.

Just stay the course I'm sure it will feel better soon.

Do you have any hobbies?
Old 03-08-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your feeling like that! Are you a part mtngs or a recovery group? Face to face supports helps! For me when I drift from my Higher power (God) I feel that empty feeling. I personally can't do this life alone. Working out, yoga, volunteering are wonderful ways to feel better. Here for you!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
I can really relate to that feeling of having a hole inside you, for me exercise and reading help but the only thing that ever truly feels fulfilling is when I help somebody in some way.

Just stay the course I'm sure it will feel better soon.

Do you have any hobbies?
Not really I work long hours don't know how to find something to do. I exercise but I don't think that counts. I think I'm going to learn how to sing.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

With more sober time you will come to fill that 'hole' with activities and things. It takes time to feel settled in sobriety. Treat yourself well. It will get better.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

30 Days is fantastic Quiethero!! Keep it going!!
Old 03-08-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great profile name QuietHero, I love it! not enough of those around these days ;-)

I'm new here too, on day 80 and can relate. The first two weeks sober for me were most dramatic - and the changes physical and most pronounced and gratifyingly distracting. Since then it's been slow going: two steps forward, one back type of thing. The changes since have been much more subtle and almost imperceptible. Sometimes it's only when you look back you see how far you've come.

For me, big lull after the second month: but I realized I just needed to pull myself out of it and keep moving on. Trying new things, forcing myself out of the house and into action…

Maybe that hole and need will always be there, especially if I sit around looking for it hard enough. But I'm gonna keep trying new things, and give myself time to fill it.

30 days is a great. Give yourself even more time and patience though.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It started getting better for me around 3 months, but the first 30 days where the hardest...I think you can generally look to some improvement from now on QH.

It may seem interminable right now but when you consider most of us drank for years, it's not a bad timeframe for mind and body to repair....
Old 03-08-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree - I felt much better at around 3 mos. It definitely feels strange in the beginning. We've relied on it for so long - there's bound to be a huge adjustment. It should all settle down, & you'll begin to feel more comfortable.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey, I am right there with you! I’m at 31 days today. No cravings but still very out of sorts without spending half my waking hours bending the elbow. I just know that everyone here has gone through it and that the wait is worth it. I’m happy that I now go to bed sober and wake up feeling good. It can only get better.

Tom
Old 03-08-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Congrats on 30 days QH! That's great!