Notices

Shocking

Old 08-03-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats to your sister! Very inspiring.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So happy to hear the update on your sister. I hope you are well too.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
So happy to hear that your sister has quit. My sister had the same experiences you described in your OP (many times), but she didn't quit. Sadly, it ended up killing her this past June.

It is shocking and very difficult to see someone you love turned bright yellow, unable to function, distended belly, unable to eat, in pain...the body literally shutting down. The high ammonia levels can cause extremely erratic/violent behavior, tremors, speech impairment.

Some people think it's so dramatic to say that alcohol can kill, but it isn't dramatic or hyperbolic. It's true. and it doesn't do it humanely. It's a very traumatic and ugly death.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Soberlicious I’m so sorry you lost your sister in such a terrible way. My heart really goes out to you. My sister was very lucky, I pray everyday she stays strong and help her have things to look forward to sober. You are right it’s not overly dramatic to say drink will kill you, it will and it destroys others along the way too.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
So happy to hear that your sister has quit. My sister had the same experiences you described in your OP (many times), but she didn't quit. Sadly, it ended up killing her this past June.

It is shocking and very difficult to see someone you love turned bright yellow, unable to function, distended belly, unable to eat, in pain...the body literally shutting down. The high ammonia levels can cause extremely erratic/violent behavior, tremors, speech impairment.

Some people think it's so dramatic to say that alcohol can kill, but it isn't dramatic or hyperbolic. It's true. and it doesn't do it humanely. It's a very traumatic and ugly death.
I'm so sorry for your loss soberlicious.