Notices

The point of no return.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dave, you must not give up. This disease is relentless.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dave, you must not give up. This disease is relentless.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Dave,

I was at that "point of no return" too. I kid you not, I enjoyed drinking more than anyone else in the whole universe. My whole existence was centered around drinking.

I got really sick last time I downed a bottle of booze, so I decided to stop drinking and see what that's like. I'm about 12 days into sobriety and I'm feeling great. I am not kidding. I woke up this morning and popped right out of bed. I said to myself, "wow, I think I'll go for a walk!" And I did. It was a glorious thing.

Best wishes to you, man. If I can do it, ANYONE can.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't think you've reached the point of no return. You're still here and reaching out. There are still options and opportunities for you to explore in getting sober. Can you look into inpatient? We care about you Dave and want to see you get sober.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post

I dont want to eat, I dont want to sleep, I dont want to do anything at all...but set on my a$$ and drink.
You remind me of me. For yes, I remember being lost in the bottle with not a clue of what to do. It seemed that booze had taken over my whole life. But, recovery and a full life is knocking at your door. Be not afraid to enter.

M-Bob
Old 03-08-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I will never forget laying on the floor of my office puking into my waste paper basket waiting for my wife to take me to the hospital because I was withdrawing. I believed my life was over and in many ways it was. At least my drinking life was over.

I saw a doctor and that was the first step in my new sober life. If sobriety was impossible this site would not exist.

Many have gone before you follow their lead
Old 03-08-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The alcohol is such a depressant, one the occasions when I've relapsed, I'm depressed for up to two - three days after, once the alcohol is gone, my mind clears again. Try to get some sober time so you can think clearly xoxo
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You're here, which says something positive. There is a way out!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I know the feeling Dave. Alcohol can take you to a place of pain and remorse. It can make your life a living hell. The key is to use that pain to get yourself into a solid treatment plan. Something that will get your butt sober and keep your life getting better and better! You never have to drink again or feel bad. You can start by going to get treatment. Then you can start get your life and emotions in order. Then you can start healing yourself and feeling good about your actions. Little by little if you work a it everyday. You can take your mind body and soul to an awesome and amazing place. A place where you have enough money to give a tip to the carpet cleaners. A place where you decide who gets money and who doesn't. You can give money to the worker at the gas station because if you work hard moment after moment day after day year after year you can build your wealth up to give it away and feel a deep level of passion amazement and glory. Keep hustling, keep grinding, out!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank You to my SR family

Thank you everyone for your reply's and word's of encouragement.

I'am just really going through a rough spell lately thats has just left me defeated and deflated.

So much happening, so quickly and it's all bad. Yes. My life has become unmanagable and has spiraled out of control.

I just dont know what to do, where to turn or who to turn to. IP rehab is not an option. Money...commitments.

I've tried AA. Guess I just havn't found the right group yet. I'll keep searching.

Depression is off the scale. Doc say's Anti-depression meds dont work if your still drinking. Come back sober 30 day's and "I'll get you started on them. They will still take another 2 months to start working however". Thanks.

I have no family support. They just ignore my drinking. It has never really been a problem for them. Only for me. I'am in this alone and by myself except for SR.

They have no idea what I'am going through or what I'am feeling. When I try to open up to them...they dont want to hear it. Especially my wife, who doesnt drink. Her reponse is, "It's your problem...you deal with it".

And I guess I do (deal with it)...every night...throwing down Beer and Vodka. For now, it's better than the "Alternative".

Maybe things will smooth out after awhile going forward but for now...I'am just "Dealing with it"...best I can.

DD
Old 03-09-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

And I guess I do (deal with it)...every night...throwing down Beer and Vodka. For now, it's better than the "Alternative".
I'm not sure it is.

I know the alternative you're thinking of, but there are many many other positive life affirming alternatives too.

Maybe you need more than a Dr? have you considered counselling or therapy?
Have you considered a stay in rehab Dave?

D