Notices

Don't know where to start

Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Fallen Knight

Suze, you've pulled a Houdini on us girl, can't seem to see you anymore . Today is the start of my 5th dry day. So far so good. The medication helps with the cravings and all that. I guess I'm comfortable knowing I won't drink until the meds run out, and I'm working on getting myself a support network to help me through the time when I can no longer rely on the medication. Day 5 feels great.

I'm thinking of you Suze, and I'm thinking of you too ElvisBabyGirl.

((((((HUGS))))))
Old 08-21-2004, 10:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Tenzi)))

I'm glad you keep coming back, Tenzin. Great on your sober days and your efforts. Keep it up, your off to a terrific start. It's apparent you truely want the gift of sobrity and with the efforts you put forth, it will be yours.

(((Suze & Elvisbabygirl ))) Don't ever give up.

Old 08-22-2004, 11:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Fallen Knight

Late night Sunday. The nausea has not let up, I presume it's the medication which means only two more days to go. I've been pretty much bed-ridden subsisting on water and chicken-noodle soup. I just want the room to stop spinning when I open my eyes. Brutal times. However, today was my 6th dry day.

(((HUGS)))
Old 08-22-2004, 11:53 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! Seeking recovery is next to Godliness in my book. I saw that someone else besides me was up at witch's hours so I thought I would give ya a shout.

Keep coming back here, reading, writing and thinking...And hitting the 12 steps of AA hard and you've got a good shot at never having to feel that sick again. Right.

I hope you fell better on your 7th day!

GOD BLESS,
Jenna
Old 08-23-2004, 04:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Tenzin
Brutal times. However, today was my 6th dry day.
Detoxing our bodies is never pretty. Downright horrific and nasty it can be even. It takes a certain kind of courage to get through it. The promise of better things Tenzin. A life free from insanity is worth any price.
By the time you read this, the worst may well be over.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
5 MINUTES AT A TIME

back from the weekend

hey all....

well one more weekened without booze. i was tempted as usual....thanks for the good thoughts tenzin. where is suze???

i hung with my sponsor and tried to be socialable with a couple of my girlfriends. there is a lot of beer and temptation out there...just the thought if withdrawal helped me not drink.

i do not know what the day has in store, but my motto "five minutes at a time" is in effect.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

EBG, you ok? You seem a little down. We're all here listening.

Regarding detoxing...could that be the explanation for my horrible back aches and pain? The thought did cross my mind, but I dismissed it as back strain.

Tenzin, I admire your courage. Hang in there and keep posting. This site has brought me so much strength. The people here are so helpful and encouraging (as I'm sure you're seeing).

Take care.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:15 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi EBG. Sorry your feeling bad. I've had some good days, but I know they're not always going to be that way. It's strange, how we can feel bad for not partaking in something that makes us feel worse. I know how that feels and I hate it. Without it, you feel down, but with it, it's always 100 times worse, not immediately, but after that first drink and the high, when you bottom and start to sober up....ouch.. You did great over the weekend, I don't know when I'll be ready to do that, my willpower isn't up to par. Just remember it (the depression) will pass, and unfortunately, it will come back. Just keep coming back to this place, and know that you are not alone. Hold on babygirl.

Tenzin, I hope the room stops spinning soon.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Fallen Knight

The room has indeed slowed down. I took my last dose of meds this morning. I can still feel the haze/sedation even more than 16 hours later, I sincerely hope it is gone in the morning and I wake up feeling clear. Tomorrow morning when I wake up will be the dawn of dry day number 11 for me. This is where it's going to get interesting. I hope everyone is doing alright. It seems Suze has decided she is not yet ready. ElvisBabyGirl, glad to see you doing well, getting stronger every day that you struggle. Remember that.

(((Everyone big HUGS)))
Old 08-27-2004, 06:21 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Good morning SR A-Z, it is another cloudy and rainy day here in wyoming state. we had some company visiting from Miami. They went to yellowstone and returned last night. Today they drive to denver to return to Miami. They were camping in yelowstone and it snowed. It is looking like the fall is beginning here already. The fall is a beautiful season. I will be looking foward to all the changes fall brings.

I am getting ready for another day of work. My daughter is up and dressed, She is going to be going to her day care. My wife has already left for work and my friends from Miami have just left.

After work today my family are driving to denver. A 6 hour drive. I have a sister comming to denver for a visit from Caifornia. Most of my family lives in Denver area that is where I am from myself. It is going to be a long day. Probibly wont get to our destination till 11pm/12am.

It will be good to see my folks and family this weekend. Personally I would rather go camping in the wyoming mountains. I dont get to see my sister very often. I think the last time was 2 years ago. I guess no matter what I do.I get to make the decisions about how I spend my time.

Today I have already made my choice I am going to drink NOT.
good day all and have a sober weekend.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:01 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Paused

I hope all is well...
Old 08-30-2004, 06:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Suze!

Hang in there! I know the feeling so well. Being afraid of the night ahead. I leave my office and I am scared to go home. Why? I don't know. When I am at home, I am fine. It is not getting sidetracked -- as in having dinner out (an excuse for drinking) -- that is so difficult. I admire you Suze. I have tried, and I keep trying, and I keep relapsing. But I'll keep on trying.

And as you say, waking up WITHOUT a hangover feels wonderful. On those mornings, my mind is alert, I am very productive at work, and I feel GOOD physically. You would think I would learn, right? I think I am learning, very slowly. I am not giving up. Don't give up either.