Notices

AV talking to me.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV talking to me.

So I'm 68 days sober but when I was drinking it was usually beer but sometimes vodka or whiskey. I never liked wine. So I start thinking maybe I can drink wine because I never really liked it I won't go crazy and I can control my drinking. I'll just have a bottle a night. Of course I know that's BS and I'm not going drink but what I thought was funny is that I started at just a bottle a night. Not a glass or two. A full bottle is how I was gonna moderate.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The gift of desperation from your "whiney" AV.

Glad you didn't listen.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

Congrats on 68 days Dave tell that AV where to go
Old 03-07-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Emmett Fox speaks to this in this manner:

FLEE DESOLATION

The moment you catch yourself thinking a negative thought, you should reject it instantly. Do not stop to say "good-by" to the error but immediately switch your attention to the Presence of God. Indeed, we may say that when error presents itself to consciousness, the first five seconds are golden.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whose readeth, let him understand

Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains;

Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house;

Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes (Matthew 24:15-18).

Jesus teaches this lesson in his own graphic way. The hold place is your consciousness, and the abomination of desolation is any negative thought, because a negative thought means belief in the absence of God at the point concerned.

It is impossible to forget this illustration once we have taken it in.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Emmett Fox speaks to this in this manner:

FLEE DESOLATION

The moment you catch yourself thinking a negative thought, you should reject it instantly. Do not stop to say "good-by" to the error but immediately switch your attention to the Presence of God. Indeed, we may say that when error presents itself to consciousness, the first five seconds are golden.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whose readeth, let him understand

Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains;

Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house;

Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes (Matthew 24:15-18).

Jesus teaches this lesson in his own graphic way. The hold place is your consciousness, and the abomination of desolation is any negative thought, because a negative thought means belief in the absence of God at the point concerned.

It is impossible to forget this illustration once we have taken it in.
Umm.....ok. Thanks I guess
Old 03-07-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dave36 View Post
So I'm 68 days sober but when I was drinking it was usually beer but sometimes vodka or whiskey. I never liked wine. So I start thinking maybe I can drink wine because I never really liked it I won't go crazy and I can control my drinking. I'll just have a bottle a night. Of course I know that's BS and I'm not going drink but what I thought was funny is that I started at just a bottle a night. Not a glass or two. A full bottle is how I was gonna moderate.
That does sound a bit funny I can see the humor in it! lol

What I am glad about Is that you do realize it is something that you can't do

I was a wine drinker, I sometimes STILL think (AV) just one shot--of wine

But I KNOW I can't Almost a year, and some things that I have heard are finally sinking in lol;
Old 03-07-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

That's how I relapsed. I drank hard liquor (last hard liquor drink for me is 3/19 2001) so I relapsed on beer and kept drinking beer so I would not get as sick. It took me longer to hit my bottom but I still went there.
Abstinence is the only way to go for alcoholics.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never had hard liquor, just beer. I know that having just a tiny bit of hard liquor would get me to the same place as beer.

Keep trucking, **** that AV down in the most brutal way. ;-)
Old 03-07-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Even if you're not religious, the important bit in the Emmett Fox is this bit
The moment you catch yourself thinking a negative thought, you should reject it instantly.
I tried it all - beer wine spirits - it all got me drunk.
D
Old 03-07-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done on 68 days sober!
Your AV to be commended for hilarious failed tactics!