Notices

Finally I accepted

Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Try to live for today for right now, more will be revealed.

You may find you need to move on, or you may find that she is willing to do something about it as well. In the meantime, build a web of sober friends that will support you if and when things turn.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good Job E and welcome to SR! I'm not quite at three weeks, and just looking at things one day at a time. Not sure how things will shake out with my significant other in the long run, but know that I have to sort of figure out sober me first. I think its great that you have found some fun sober activities like yoga. Best of luck!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm excited for what my future holds. I plan on starting to go to meetings this weekend. Hopefully I'll meet people this nice and have online support and in person. Thank you all again!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm going to focus on me for a while and see how it goes. One day at a time is all I can handle for now. I am going to my first meeting this weekend, a tad nervous about it since I'll be new. I look forward to chatting w you guys more! I'll be praying for all of us!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
pray for strength

EHoll...sty close to SR. There are so many helpful voices and experiences here 24/7. Honestly, SR kept me grounded in the first weeks so I did not fly off like a hot air balloon. My computer was turned on an logged in every waking moment. I carried it into the kitchen as I cooked, then upstairs, downstairs. It worked to alleviate anxiety and not feel totally alone as I had not yet become acquainted with teetotalers or those in recovery.

This is a great journey. There are Friday and Tuesday meetings here on SR and the chat has someone+ 24/7.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm glad I found this. It's good to know I'm not alone.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
For Grace

This has been an interesting thread to read because I am equally intrigued how dual-drinking couples navigate the waters in early sobriety when one commits and one does not. I wholeheartedly agree with the earlier posts that it is an individual choice which deserves respect ... whether that means supporting your alcoholic partner or forgiving your normal drinking partner when they want to consume in a responsible manner. I think it's a HUGE barometer on the health and maturity of the relationship if some sort of compromise can be negotiated. I am currently testing this theory ... it is difficult but we are managing one day at a time.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My husband and I always drank together. Before when I would try to quit, he would not, and he also was very adamant that he did not think I was an alcoholic.

This time is different. He is more supportive. He understands that I don't intend to drink at all and he's agreed not to bring alcohol in the house. He's also not drinking at all right now, although he's not made any long term commitments other than to say he's not drinking for a long time for health/to lose weight.

So far, so good.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My wife is a 'normie.' So this has not caused me any issues in staying sober. I do have alcohol in the house, but it has not poised a problem for me yet. I just try to keep myself busy doing other things. It can work.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am convinced your alcoholism brought every conceivable thing in your life to date that has brought despair including relationships. Unfortunately to unbecome, you will have to let go of people too.....and gain others.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am ready to do anything I have to do for me to be sober and happy. I'm not going to be sober and unhappy bc that will just put me back in a hole wanting to drink. Hopefully it'll all fall into place soon. Feeling great today despite the cold weather!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You will figure it out. Time takes time, it may be a while before you see clearly about this. I would say pray for clarity.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EHoll1421 View Post
I guess it's just giving me a lot of anxiety thinking that I may end up doing this alone. I'm capable of it, just never thought I would have to. Thanks for all the advice and for being there to vent to! Glad I signed up.
both my husband and I are drinkers and I'm the only one who wants to own up to it. I have so much anxiety about this. I just started today with a drug called Campral which is supposed to suppress urges. I want to quit and yet don't have the willpower.