Notices

This song really speaks to me right now.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This song really speaks to me right now.

Just in a mood I guess, but it just speaks to me on so many levels at this point in my life. Maybe the ending of my marriage, getting sober, changes, dunno but the song hit me.

I noticed some people share songs on here now and then and I think its a good exercise in getting out how you feel without having to find the words. Also, not sure what forum to post in, can be moved if necessary.

I wasn't really feeling the new strokes album back when I was drinking, but now in sobriety I am starting to fall in love with each track. It's like I'm hearing with a new set of ears in sobriety. Very different from the older stuff but brilliant IMHO, so talented.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

how do you post a song on here. Can I do it on my iPad or do I need to use my laptop?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nevermind. I think I figured it out
Old 03-03-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One of the buttons in the post window has a little "youtube" thing. Took me a while to figure it out too.

There probably is a tutorial in the "Technical" section.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok. Thanks
Old 03-03-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whatever inspires you Just. Post a poem, a lyric or a song. Sharing your feelings and thoughts not only helps you, but it also helps others.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Thanks justincredible,

I always appreciate shared thoughts and experience here, for sure. Thanks. Like Brain says, post away.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, justincredible. I relate to songs, too.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

me three
Old 03-04-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey... yeah. I also like to use music and music videos I relate to in order to express some of my thoughts and feelings that I don't find the appropriate words for at a given moment. I found this actually many years ago, and started having musical "journals", and using music here and there in any form of personal life self-expression occasionally. This is what art is for after all!

I also find that my perception and understanding of quite a lot of music has changed in sobriety and as my world view changes due to self-work. It's always interesting to experience this. I also use my "musical blogs" as a tool / aid in introspection and self-reflection often. Usually when I choose a particular track, at the time I'm never fully aware of the whole range of feelings that inspired me... but can typically see it much better with some delay. It's a form of free association if you wish. If you have such affinity, I really recommend doing it
Old 03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

haennie,

I got the idea from you to post a track I really like the idea of a musical "journal"... It's like having a journal without having to write! A reminder of how you felt when you posted and it could range from very obvious to a deep personal feeling. This exercise is perfect for that when I cannot bring forth with sufficient force an accurate description of the way I feel. Or maybe the song just "nails it" way better than I could.

When I was in rehab we had this amazing therapist that came in and did "Song" group, once a week, 2-3 patients preselected a song to present to the group. The group leader would play the song of choice for us using youtube, we would all listen with lyric sheets in hand, then discuss the song. It was one of my favourite groups.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love having 2 windows open...one for the video and the other with the lyrics so I can read them
great tune. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
pray for strength

just incredible,

Radiohead has been around for much of my adult life and when I listened to your posted song last night, I was instantly taken back to a time when The Bends was released. The first 8 seconds of "Chances" are similar to the first 11 seconds of "Planet Telex". Transported me back. Music is amazing. Take a listen.

How are you doing today?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Verte,

Thanks for posting that track! I agree the first few seconds are very similar. I never really listened to much Radiohead in the past but now I am interested. I really like the vibe of "Planet Telex", going to check out the rest of the album.

I love how a song can also change the way I feel, I played this track as I got on the treadmill today and had a great workout!

I am feeling better today, dealing with the details and process of the divorce really made it "real" to me. I let my worries get away and went through all the range of emotions of grief, worry, failure. Today is a bit better, even though I have an underlying anxiety and worry about the future. At the same time I am so glad to be sober and sober life is unfolding in an exciting way at the same time. I never truly believed I could do it until now. These past 3 months have taught me so much and coming here everyday has played a HUGE part in it.

Being 3 months clean and sober today feels pretty darn good!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go on 3 months clean & sober Justin thats fantastic news bud
Old 03-04-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks for sharing this song and congratulations on 3 months!

Well done, my friend!