Notices

Alcohol : Master or Servant ?

Old 03-03-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol : Master or Servant ?

There has been always a commonly agreed phenomenon amongst all of us . That Alcohol is a Master ..

Now, I just want to open up a subject.. Why can not a human being , treat any addiction as his servant, and not as a master ? Yes.. Cunning ,Baffling, Alcohol.. Do we retain and pay good money to a servant who is cunning and baffeling ?

After all, we pay for our own addiction.. Have you ever seen someone, paying to a servant, to do work for us and still accept them our masters ?

Thought provoking ? This is not against any support group . It has the same question to AA, AVRT..

AA says you must accept that you are powerless over alcohol. AVRT says, we feed our own AV to become stronger than us..

Why do we feed our AV who is our own servant ? We do not .. The moment , you hire any addiction as a servant, you do not intend to feed a servant to become your master. You hired it to bring you comforts, pleasures and meaningful satisfaction to contribute and to be part of a human society, to we all belong.

So, why and where , do things go wrong ?

Things go wrong, when we are not at peace with our selves.. The moment, we are at peace with our own soul..All the issues will be resolved. . Everything will be fine

I am just making an urge to all , who is reading this post.. Let is just make an attempt to be at peace with our own soul.. I do not have definition of our own soul.. I can just feel it. Hope, you all can feel it , too.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I personally was never a servant to anything or anyone. Alcohol was more of a bad friend to me. A bad relationship that needed to end.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Perfect .. You identified your relationship with alcohol so clearly..
Old 03-03-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Somewhere at sometime
liquor ceased to be a luxury
and became a necessity
MM
Old 03-03-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alcohol was never my problem. My addictive self - me - was my problem

D
Old 03-03-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Interesting perspective. I've never put nearly that much thought into it. I think alcohol starts out serving a purpose, a pleasurable one hopefully. And once one becomes addicted, truly addicted, it is needed to function to not have a seizure or simply be able to talk to someone. Then it has progressed to being your master.

I've read many posts from members on this site where in their final months or years of drinking, it always ended the same way, a trip to the ER or rehab. I'm pretty sure they wanted to stop, but simply couldn't.