Notices

What is accomplishment?

Old 03-03-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is accomplishment?

I'm on day 9 sober! I know that's not a lot to some of you, but I feel like I am accomplishing being sober! My life is turning around so fast and just in under two weeks. Who would've thought?

What is your definition of accomplishment?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jillian , if you made it one day sober , THAT IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Congrats on 9 days!

Keep it going, and every amount of progress you make , whether it seems big or small is another accomplishment!

So far , you are making awesome Progress!

Old 03-03-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ohh, and Hey to another fellow Sober Georgian..
Old 03-03-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done!

Accomplishments come in all sizes. Mine are small these days, but not less satisfying tho.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think accomplishment is whatever YOU want it to be.
Goals you have set for yourself that you attained through hard work and dedication.
like Thepatman said, they can come in all sizes. They don't have to be huge, glaring ones. In fact, mine usually are a few smaller ones, that all build up my self-esteem/worth.
(eg. getting through the weekend without drinking, taking a 10min meditation break, trying a new yoga/exercise, reading a few chapters of a book and REALLY absorbing the material...)
congrats on 9 days!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Keep it going, and every amount of progress you make , whether it seems big or small is another accomplishment!
Absolutely! I am celebrating even the smallest accomplishments. And it feels great

And hey! I didn't know you were a fellow Georgian
Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Way to go on 9 days Jillian!! I think everyday we don't drink is the biggest accomplishment we have. And yes, is amazing how things get better when we remove the poison.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Nofearnobeer when he stated that one day sober is an accomplishment. Drinking took away things that I wanted to accomplish and now I can get things done being sober.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic going!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My accomplishment last night on Day 2 was simply saying no to a drink with dinner ... that felt HUGE!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you! While I don't have a drinking issue, this inspired me today! Accomplishments are long and short term! Your attitude is amazing, and it is catchy! Thank you for sharing and well done!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

9 days IS a major accomplishment as you've likely gone through the worst of the acute withdrawal phase. Congrats!

My accomplishments are so different as a sober person. Whereas before I was focused on these super long term goals (not always bad, just that's all I did), now I'm happy when I wake up feeling good, when I get to go for a walk in the day and when I have some downtime at night. Basically being mindful and in the present. It's also helped me deal with emotions better as they aren't swept under the rug, but rather faced and then processed.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

LaViva, congrats on day 2! Isn't it amazing that we can accomplish sobriety after years of drinking? What's even more exciting is WHAT we can accomplish being sober!

Side short story - my husband was talking to my stepson on the phone last night and told him we were 7 days without drinking. I corrected him and said "no, 8 days". My 10 yr old was sitting next to me and smiled and said "really, 8 days?". I'm looking forward to my sons new memories without all the trips to the store for beer or seeing beer cans laid around the house and yard or in our car cup holders.

And I told my son we were baking a cake, and I actually followed through. I did have a small piece with ice cream, but it's way better than 8-10 beers I'm sure!

Day 9 and the redness in my face has lessened.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Jillian! It is incredible what a good feeling it is! I'm so happy that you spent that quality time baking with your son!!! Those are the memories and experiences that will help him grow and learn and be a healthy adult. Go mom!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

9 Days is fantastic!! Keep it going!!