Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I've replaced booze with food, whats for breakfast, lunch, dinner today

Notices

I've replaced booze with food, whats for breakfast, lunch, dinner today

Old 03-03-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job Jeremy - keep it up
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well done Jeremy.... You're making in roads.. keep it p, it will get better.... talking of food, I don't know how many months I'm in now, might be 6 months or more but I'm still scoffing my head off... i used to just have one meal a day... Now, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner & snacks in between.. Luckily I have a fast metabolism so struggle to put on weight but since quitting drinking I do appreciate food alot more now... Love it :-) Hang in there Jeremy & stay close to SR!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Save me some ribs!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jeremy, Glad to hear you went to a meeting. I know that commintment is hard for you but how about giving the sponsor a shot? I think you could really benefit from some face to face, real time support. I think you are afraid to commit because it closes the door to drinking again. But what it really does is open the door to a better life.

Wishing you the best Jeremy!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I hit a meeting today at the local club. Made some connections, looks like some people are going to help me. I am excited about this!

However, I want this thread to be lighthearted and talk about my obsession with food. I am beginning to be a bit overweight, but I love my food.

Tonight, I am having BBQ'ed ribs and chunky mash potatoes, I have to have my mash potatoes chunky. Turkey gravy and garlic sauce.
I think it's great to develop some hobbies, preferrably things that you do with other people, to replace the daily drinking - I find this has helped me. One of my hobbies is cooking new recipes. I try to come up with at least one new dish every single week.. it's very cool and it takes your mind off drinking. I think I will gain weight now that I don't drink, because I am actually not skipping any meals or getting my "nutrition" from a 12-pack of beer. It actually provides the perfect segue into putting together a workout routine too! Good luck!

By the way, I love BBQ ribs and chunky mashed potatoes. I live in Canada, and my shed is covered with snow so I can't get at my barbeque unfortunately... haha :\
Old 03-04-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jeremy not sure what to say as this has been going on for so long i think a big problem is that 1. you pick holes in everything and 2. your lack of commitment to recovery

Dont think im being mean i honestly want nothing but for you to be happy

Its good going to mtns but the fact you turned down a sponser shows that your not making that extra push

ive seen you happy sad unstable and your at your best when your happy you shine you really do and the best advice i can give is give recovery everything you got and then some

as far as i can see you refuse rehab, IP, Sponser etc your closing doors rather than opening them

pls dont think im being horrible i see you as a brother i genuinely care about you and your happiness &
as always you can always pm me

as for the ribs i have to say SNAP as thats what i had for dinner yesterday i would have loved some mash

Here for you anytime bud
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I have contacted the rehab facility and haven't received a reply back. Why just one facility, simple that is where I was referred to by the state, DWSS CPS for short. I am banging on their door and not answering.

Because I have a credibility issue, if anyone wants further confirmation I will give it privately, but not an in open forum.

Sober and hanging out tonight. I love me some fattening food, its the best.
I would say bang on some more doors. Or bang on the door of the one you've already banged on some more. Or try a different door. Simply waiting and eating fattening food isn't really an option for you right now quite honestly.

Your credibility ( or lack of ) is kind of irrelevant at this point. The only thing that matters is the action you take to get yourself treatment. You have a computer and access to the internet, type "RENO nevada rehab" into your search window and you will find dozens of options of places to contact. I won't post a link here because you can do it yourself and have the same results.