Notices

Depressed

Old 03-02-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed

I've made it through 2 weeks and find myself so damn depressed. It's actually getting on my own nerve. I'm going day by day and feel like there's no end. It's making me angry. I keep thinking why am I putting myself through this. It wasn't really that bad. The need to use again is overwhelming.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

When sobriety gets worse, maybe AA steps can help?

What are you doing other than not drinking? We need a plan of action, no matter what path we choose to follow....

hugs and love to you
Old 03-02-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This will pass. I agree that maybe AA would be a good thing for you - just getting dressed and getting out of the house and around other sober people is a great thing.

As far as it not being that bad? Really? How did you happen to Google "Alcoholism"? There is no way I would be here were it not for some very dark depression that finally forced me out of my own head.

Stay here and read - you can change your thoughts.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Reywas67 View Post
I've made it through 2 weeks and find myself so damn depressed. It's actually getting on my own nerve. I'm going day by day and feel like there's no end. It's making me angry. I keep thinking why am I putting myself through this. It wasn't really that bad. The need to use again is overwhelming.
You can't judge sobriety by how you feel the first two weeks in. You are still dealing with withdrawals. So what you "feel" is the addiction, not recovery. And of course the need to use is overwhelming. Your addiction is fighting for its life and knows that its survival depends on getting you to give in.

Don't.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello:

Have you heard about AV? Your alcoholic voice? That "it wasn't so bad" is your AV talking.

Keep your eyes on the prize. It isn't easy but it is worth it.

Also, stay close to SR. That's what we are here for.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think this is the disease, the AV, speaking to you. It doesn't want to lose and wants you to believe there is no big problem. Stick with it and you will begin to feel better.