Notices

Hi

Old 03-01-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fluffer View Post
I know the thought of giving up drinking is pretty scary at first, but really you're not giving anything up by quitting. You will soon be glad that you no longer HAVE to drink. Addiction to alcohol is straight up slavery.
Yeah. I am hurting right now.

Some company would help right about now but its 2 am here.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by 25andddd View Post
Yeah. I am hurting right now.

Some company would help right about now but its 2 am here.
2 am in in NY as well, try and sleep.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
2 am in in NY as well, try and sleep.
I should. I just keep reading on this forum.

God this headache I have is splitting.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hey 25andddd, glad you are here!

You can get your life back, one day at a time. And I think if you kick alcohol to the curb for good you will rediscover your inner drive.

And as far as trying to taper off, why trade jabs when you can just knock it out with one punch?
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You will find a lot of support here. Welcome.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My son thought he could "drive fine" until he got a DUI. He is 25 also and is tired of all the consequences. He tried multiple times to go it alone, but always went back to the bottle. He's paid many prices. Please seek help before you end up with a record or worse.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by INgal View Post
My son thought he could "drive fine" until he got a DUI. He is 25 also and is tired of all the consequences. He tried multiple times to go it alone, but always went back to the bottle. He's paid many prices. Please seek help before you end up with a record or worse.
Yeah thanks. how's he doing now?

I already have one from about 3 years ago.

Today is the first day I woke up really committed to this instead of just cracking open a can first thing in awhile. Everyone's posts have helped immensely.

Had insomnia and a piercing headache last night plus generally feeling horrendous. Looked myself in the mirror looked like sheet of course. So I looked about how I felt.

Feeling a bit better this morning. Plus my gf is here
I'm not ready to come clean to her although I want to its eating away at me. I keep having to stop myself.

Feeling better today. Interested to see how my body/mind react when midafternoon comes around when I would normally inhale a six pack and how tonight goes.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks. I know man. The booze just makes me stupid.

I am wanting to taper the booze off. I am giving myself one week.

I want my life back. I am sitting here with a screaming headache. Fidgety and feeling crummy. Anxiety.

Hi 25 andddd, it will likely get worse before it get better. Having alcohol in your system for 16+ hours a day will change your brain chemistry. You will likely feel pretty uncomfortable for a couple days.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi 25 andddd, it will likely get worse before it get better. Having alcohol in your system for 16+ hours a day will change your brain chemistry. You will likely feel pretty uncomfortable for a couple days.
Darn. wish me luck!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Darn. wish me luck!
wishing you the very best. You can do it. no doubt about it.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

From your copious posts I read two things.
#1 You have a drinking problem, if we think we have a drinking problem we probably do, your very graphic descriptions lead me to conclude you do.
#2 You don't know much about alcoholism & recovery. Sorry to be so blunt, but I would doubt you could drink in moderation, you'd still be a "dry drunk" if you could, and a dry drunk is not a pleasant thing for others, or themselves.

Get educated, get to work, and stick around SR>COM this is a fantastic tool for all of us in recovery
Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by breath View Post
From your copious posts I read two things.
#1 You have a drinking problem, if we think we have a drinking problem we probably do, your very graphic descriptions lead me to conclude you do.
#2 You don't know much about alcoholism & recovery. Sorry to be so blunt, but I would doubt you could drink in moderation, you'd still be a "dry drunk" if you could, and a dry drunk is not a pleasant thing for others, or themselves.

Get educated, get to work, and stick around SR>COM this is a fantastic tool for all of us in recovery
Thanks. Working on it. I'm feeling optimistic right now.

Please explain dry drunk
Old 03-02-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh and I know more about alcoholism and recovery than you believe. I have quit before and I have lived around alcoholism all my life.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Still feeling good. Thanks again for the responses. Each one has helped me more than I can explain.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So I would say I hit about 24 hours. Had trouble sleeping last night and a bad headache. Tons of water today and I'm going to play basketball tonight.

I feel ok......slightly bored.

What can I expect this week?
Old 03-02-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I've never been a daily drinker, so can't help on the withdrawal symptoms, but good job on 24 hours!

If you're used to playing basketball while drunk, and feel like crap, are you 100% sure that's what you want to do tonight?
Old 03-02-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nymets86 View Post
I've never been a daily drinker, so can't help on the withdrawal symptoms, but good job on 24 hours!

If you're used to playing basketball while drunk, and feel like crap, are you 100% sure that's what you want to do tonight?
Yeah I'm going. It's going to feel great to get my sweat out while I'm awake and not at night.

a huge reason for me making this change is athletics and fitness so I want to jump on it right away.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Plus I think if I sweat out some of the crap. It'll lessen my detox time.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey 25! I'm 26 and just got 90 days after a bunch of false starts of 30 days here and 30 days there over the past six months. You're early in on the process so there's a lot of chemical rollercoastering going on. I'm a binge drinker by nature so it was easy to go on for awhile convincing myself that I would binge better the next time. I will say that the mental energy I spent trying to moderate my drinking was boring, frustrating and didn't work. I try not to think about forever because that's too daunting, but I'm really happy not to be drinking today. And now the mental energy I spent trying to moderate my drinking I can use on figuring out ways to be proactively less bored . So I know you're not ready to think about forever, just keep working on today, but do know that it's possible to be happy and social in your mid 20s without the booze!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rockstonic View Post
Hey 25! I'm 26 and just got 90 days after a bunch of false starts of 30 days here and 30 days there over the past six months. You're early in on the process so there's a lot of chemical rollercoastering going on. I'm a binge drinker by nature so it was easy to go on for awhile convincing myself that I would binge better the next time. I will say that the mental energy I spent trying to moderate my drinking was boring, frustrating and didn't work. I try not to think about forever because that's too daunting, but I'm really happy not to be drinking today. And now the mental energy I spent trying to moderate my drinking I can use on figuring out ways to be proactively less bored . So I know you're not ready to think about forever, just keep working on today, but do know that it's possible to be happy and social in your mid 20s without the booze!
Thank you sincerely.

I know I will be happier and more social than ever once I get past the booze fog. Right now I sit alone drinking I hardly ever drink with anyone these days usually because I spent all the money at the package store every day of the week I would use to go out and be with people whether drinking or not. or I would be too drunk or unwilling to leave the beers I had behind.

Anyway questions. Do you go to aa meetings. Tell me more about your experience.