Notices

Everything is irritating!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Everything is irritating!!!

Day 11 and everything and I do mean EVERYTHING is irritating the bleep out of me. :-| How long does this last!?!?!

Old 02-28-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I had some of that. Anger in search of a target is how I would refer to it. Good that you can see that it (or at least most of it) is coming from within you. Some very vigorous regular exercise might be very helpful.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 11! Early recovery is filled with ups and downs. It will get easier and things will level out / improve with time. As stated above, exercise helped me a lot. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It varies with person to person I think...but it will pass

I found a daily gratitude list was helpful. Some days it was the last thing I wanted to do, but it was probably the time I most needed it?

D
Old 03-01-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am on my tenth day, of suboxone withdrawal. I can relate, I have bursts of fury brought on by frustration. Im not sure if its healthy or not, but ive leveled the anger at the medicine itself.. and that helps some. I also, have severely limited my caffeine and sodium.. and that has been a big help. I feel rotten too.. hang in there, and if you need to chat, don't hesitate.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I had to learn to physically and purposefully to back myself down .

Unclench my fists or loosen my grip , relax my shoulders , unclench my jaw , cool off physically open a window, go outside or splash water on my face , take deep slow breaths.
Remember other people weren't out to get me deliberately , they might be having a bad day too or not know how to control themselves ..

I was tought anger only ends through non-anger .

Bestwishes , m
Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by 60andbeyond View Post
How long does this last!?!?!
Less long than most of the negative effects of alcohol and the positive effects of sober living.

I had it, too. I took a lot of deep breaths and reminded myself that people who have gone on this journey before me said it gets better. My faith was rewarded, they were right.

You can do this!

And remember:

Something somewhere needs to be in smaller pieces.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I get crazy flashes of frustration and anger: on day 73 now. I'm not sure I can lay this one on alcohol or sobriety though, it's always been with me.
So, I do what I used to love to do ever since I was a kid: wrap up my hands, slip on a pair of 12 oz gloves and start laying into a heavy bag :-) Burns off the anger energy, some of the wine-weight and makes me curiously happy. Startled the weight lifter dudes in the gym with some Serena level grunting too. Win-win.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yep. Believe it or not, life is supposed to be infuriating. It's why our brains developed.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stay positive.

Oh 60, I posted the same type of post around the same time of sobriety. It DOES get better! I wanted to rip everyone's head off!! I know the feeling, but as crappy as this sounds you need to weather the storm. Have a nice warm cup of coffee or tea, and find your happy place. When I wasn't working I was at the gym, or in bed binging on Netflix. If it gets really bad, post on here or call someone for support.. It helps to vent patience.....
Old 03-01-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

11 days is early days....

It could be partly your blood sugar. I felt irritable and frustrated a lot early on as well. My sponsor told me to weave in small doses of candy or put Karo syrup in a glass of juice a few times a day....

When we cut out booze, we also cut out a lot of sugar that our bodies have become used to. Low blood sugar and withdrawal impact our moods and leave us on a short fuse.

Exercise can also really help.

Hang in there, it gets better.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Things will adjust in time, the body needs to heal from years of drinking, but it can't do it in a week!!

Hang in there!! Day 11 is fantastic!!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome. I'm happy to report the world is less annoying today. One baby step at a time I guess!

I am (and always have been - even drunk!?) an exerciser. I forgot my headphones for a run and got so incredibly upset that it was like a little kid temper tantrum. Pouty run. Seriously? I just have to accept it's going to take time... I'm a little impatient. Once you make a decision can't things just be perfect??

Thank you all for your responses you make me feel "normal" .. well..

Anyway - I made it to day 12!! Woo hoo! I don't think I would've made it if not for being able to come here every night and be surrounded by people that get it. So thank you again.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Pouty run Great follow-up post.

You know this great mood you're in? This too shall pass.