Notices

Therapist just told me AA or the highway.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post

I truly believe, in my heart of hearts, she dropped the ball. She came out swinging and assuming that I had self sabotaged. Demanding something counterintuitive to my own process. She's an alternative therapist in that she's rather uber spiritual in her approach which I cottoned to right away.

If I shared some of our conversations, yall would think I'm bat sh1t for even entertaining a second session. Yes Robby, I'm a tough one, but I thought I had found someone who "really got me" warts and all. I'm far from "clinical" only in that I'm an anomaly due to my out there philosophies and approach to the life experience in general.

I never lied. Not once. I never falsified my sobriety or lack thereof.
Yeah, I believe she did drop the ball. Big time. You know, just to be clearer, I was saying you being false about AA for her wouldn't be a smart move ie meaning that you already hadn't and that you wouldn't, okay? I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you already had been false?

I know you're kind of out there, still though, many therapists are able to work with clients who are as strong-minded and spirited as you are, my friend.

I'm glad you are working thru all this. You're awesome.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Lenina - I would love to hear your story.

If you would be willing to tell it again...

Courage - A whole year huh ? To even begin to differentiate between the psychosis brought on by alcohol or what was your baseline ? Would you be willing to share more of your story ?

In gratitude.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You sound better. This pleases me.

"Every man is his own prophet, every Prophet just a man."

~Sheryl Crow
Old 02-28-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You sound better. This pleases me.

"Every man is his own prophet, every Prophet just a man."

~Sheryl Crow
Awwww. Thanks Bim.

It's amazing what a good nights sleep, a hot meal and some snuggling from kitties and puppies can do to restore the spirit.

Thanks for the love guys. Really. Thanks. <3
Old 02-28-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Have you asked for a copy of your chart?

As a patient you have a right to access your own records and this could give you a good insight on your progresses and setbacks over the years.

Some of the annotations might anger you but if you read it dispassionately you might get some insights. Maybe she feels that you are stalling at some level or something else.
Anyway, you have worked with her and paid her services for years: if the relationship is to end you have a right to see what was accomplished and which issues she detected.

Even if she did not actually fire you and you stick with her, that phone call constitute a shifting point in your relationship with her: time for a progress report and time to have a tool for re evaluation.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Bravo to your therapist!
Old 02-28-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Have you asked for a copy of your chart?

As a patient you have a right to access your own records and this could give you a good insight on your progresses and setbacks over the years.

Some of the annotations might anger you but if you read it dispassionately you might get some insights. Maybe she feels that you are stalling at some level or something else.
Anyway, you have worked with her and paid her services for years: if the relationship is to end you have a right to see what was accomplished and which issues she detected.

Even if she did not actually fire you and you stick with her, that phone call constitute a shifting point in your relationship with her: time for a progress report and time to have a tool for re evaluation.
I wasn't even aware you could do that ? What a great idea.