Notices

I know I'll do 3 days again!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know I'll do 3 days again!

I've been three days sober at 10:00 tonight. I was drinking for 5 or 6 weeks again. I was sober for two months before this. It was around December 5'th I quit drinking after two years of heavy drinking. I also had a benzo addiction but have that under control I hope. Though I have increased the dose for the withdrawal I believe it helps.

This is the fourth or fifth time I've quit. I am a lifelong alcoholic and I know that. But when the depression and anxiety are bad alcohol has been an escape for me. This is a very lonely time, and I have no support. When I can think again I have to evaluate my possible friendships again. I know this forum is for recovery from addiction and addiction but I think alot of us are depressed and have anxiety also. Depression is unbearably lonely again I just hope the phone will ring but it hasn't in 5 days.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

While I may not speak for everyone I think your right that depression and anxiety afflict many of us. It has taken ahold of my life but there is always some light In the darkness. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am also new and have found this community to be fantastic. Stay strong.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lastly, huge congratulations on 3 days sober!!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used alcohol to manage anxiety and depression....I managed myself into even worse shape with both. At only 2 months both are remarkably better.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It does get better. And if your phone's not ringing, try calling someone yourself.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am a lifelong alcoholic and I know that. But when the depression and anxiety are bad alcohol has been an escape for me. This is a very lonely time, and I have no support. When I can think again I have to evaluate my possible friendships again. I know this forum is for recovery from addiction and addiction but I think alot of us are depressed and have anxiety also. Depression is unbearably lonely again I just hope the phone will ring but it hasn't in 5 days.
no one needs be a lifelong alcoholic Crockett - not an active one at least.
If depression and anxiety are problems for you have you thought about seeing a Dr at all?

D
Old 02-25-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
. I also had a benzo addiction but have that under control I hope. Though I have increased the dose for the withdrawal I believe it helps.
Davey-Congrats on working on your sobriety and getting 3 days! SR is a great community if you're feeling lonely and getting sober. I hope it helps you in your journey.

Be very careful with the benzos. I hope you're increasing the dosage based on talking with your doctor. Taking too much can be very dangerous.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's nice to have the support here. Just taking a few extra Valiums here and there.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd not just try but strive to stick to the recommended dose.

You don't want a benzo problem on top of everything else.

D
Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's kind of funny. I medicated anxiety and depression with vodka that ended up making me more anxious and depressed. Ultimately the anxiety and depression are what drove me to get sober. (That and being thrown to the curb with no where to go)

It was so bad I either had to drink myself to death or pull my head out of my rectum.
Can't say I don't get lonely, anxious or depressed at all anymore. Just put it down to being a human being and moving on. It's not near as bad as being intoxicated and down and out at the same time.
I don't think sitting around waiting for the phone to ring will help your situation. I hope you can muster up the strength to pull out of yourself and move forward.
Hope you find peace.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm just about back to the recommended dose, thanks for the advice.