Something to Share

Old 02-25-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Something to Share

The day is what you make it! So why not make it a great one?”
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
“Being miserable is a habit; being happy is a habit; and the choice is yours.”
“You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations”
“Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”
“We can’t escape pain; we can’t escape the essential nature of our lives. But we do have a choice. We can give in and relent, or we can fight, persevere, and create a life worth living, a noble life. Pain is a fact; our evaluation of it is a choice.”
“Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity.”
The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change their future by merely changing your attitude.”
“Optimism is the most important human trait, because it allows us to evolve our ideas, to improve our situation, and to hope for a better tomorrow.”
“If we believe that the earth is ours, and that the sun and moon hang in the sky for our delight, there will be joy upon the hills and gladness in the fields because the Artist in our souls glorifies creation.”
“Nothing truly stops you. Nothing truly holds you back. For your own will is always within your control. Sickness may challenge your body. But are you merely your body? Your will needn’t be affected by an incident unless you let it.”
“Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.”
“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
“If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”
“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. “

I just wanted to share these to you today, to help you go through rough patches of life. It isn't easy but it is a start!

Thank you!!
Old 02-25-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Jen. Beautiful thoughts and quotes.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Jen. There is something in there for everyone, spiritual or secular x
Old 02-25-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

I thought these are very good for everyone. I specially can relate to

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
Old 02-25-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post Jen!! Thanks for sharing!!