Notices

almost 6 months, but I'm going to drink today, I've decided.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

almost 6 months, but I'm going to drink today, I've decided.

And it's going to feel amazing. You know, seriously, **** God, he should have stayed in hell. I'll drink out of spite, and I know it'll **** him off, useless ******* spirit
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OfEpiphany, I have a feeling you'll be even more pissed off if you do drink. six months is such an achievement. Hang in there, you can always drink tomorrow, pm me if you like. let's talk
Old 02-25-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on six months. It's your life and I respect your decision. I pray that you don't hit rock bottom again. Considering that you felt compelled to stop for six months in the first place...
Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello. I saw your post of some time ago where you stated that the "secret to sobriety is Jesus" and were proud of your sober time. Now your post is the opposite, making a conscious decision to give up sobriety to spite God.

I am not sure why you connect your drinking so much to spiritual issues, but perhaps you should put God and Jesus aside for a moment and ask yourself how drinking has affected you personally? Maybe you should maintain your sobriety for you, because you know it is better for you, healthier, and more capable of leading to a happy and fulfilling life?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Personally I don't really believe much in a God or practice a particular faith, so I can't relate on that level to those feelings.

But how about doing this for YOU? building a Sober life that YOU can be proud of, and not for anything or anyone else!!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by OfEpiphany View Post
I'll drink out of spite...
You can drink to spite God without having to post to SR. So why did you post, unless you want to spite us? I would rather think it was a last ditch attempt to be talked out of it.

Or prayed out of it. So I'll send one up for you.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hard work done

I'm almost 6 months and before I would ever contemplate taking a drink I would stop to consider the effort made and improvements in my life. This stops me drinking. Please consider the consequences and deal with the problem that is making you angry. You can deal with this anger better sober
Old 02-25-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To further yourself in recovery and
remain sober, then talk or share about
what has gotton you so upset instead
of drinking over it and blowing your
recovery away.

I always heard that if a person makes
up his or hers mind to drink or drug
then they will do it. However, if you
truly don't want to drink over your
situation, then, like many of us who
face life everyday on lifes terms, talk
about whats bothering us and find a
healthier solution to solve it.

There's always something better to
solving problems instead of numbing it
or killing ourselves over it. I realized
that all my problems I had and still have
are not unique because so many have
been there done the same similar things
as I.

So I turn to listen to others experiences,
strengths and hopes to help me with my
own problems. I also realize that I don't
have to solve my problems alone or go
thru trying times by myself.

With you reaching out here letting us know
that something is troubling you, we are here
to help, suggest some solutions to guide you
as you solve your delimma.

Let us know what is bothering you. Is
it with your job? Co-workers, bosses,
family members, finances, health?

We here in SR care and with communication
and understanding we can help you with our
compassion.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You won't spite God, you will only spite yourself.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Drinking....

It doesn't help anything. Ever. I've been there before, many times. I've tried to spite God, to spite my family, my "enemies," my friends...in the end it was all only hurting me.

You will only destroy yourself with this. Is that really what you want to do?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Please don't drink today, it's clear you're angry, but drinking won't help.
Stay close to SR.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi.

I’m sorry you feel that way. For a long time I was reminded that getting sober again is not a guarantee whatsoever, in fact most who drink again find it very difficult returning to sobriety.

It used to be said at AA meetings “there’s the door, your misery is refundable.”

BEST WISHS AND BE WELL
Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"almost 6 months, but I'm going to drink today, I've decided"

You've already decided have you? Well then, I guess there is nothing we can do or say to change your mind.

...or, is there?

Let us know.

We'll be here.

DD
Old 02-25-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

sorry you have made that decision.

but you also posted here for a reason.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

OK so you are pissed off at God right now but this is really not about God it is about you.
God is somewhere out there doing God stuff but what are you going through?

What is going on which sets you off? Did something happen? Are you having cravings?
Is your addictive voice whispering to you?

Let's ignore God for a minute and focus on what is truly going on.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I've got drunk for spite before. I hope it goes better for you than it did for me.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is an unusually angry post,
I was wondering if maybe you made it vicious so that people would react with anger and say "Fine, do what you want, go away, have a drink for all we care"

But we don't, do we? We say please stay with us, please stay and talk. You'll calm down soon and be able to think a bit clearer.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Been where you are & followed through with drinking. Your choice, your life, your sobriety. But since u took the time to post this, maybe you'll tk time to read my words-whether you hear them is our choice...

Whether you have already drank or not by now isn't my concern. Yes I wild rather you not BC its work staying sober & eventually it will get to you. Meaning I got mad & said F recovery, I don't feel amazing being sober & in fact I got soooo burned out on recovery talk, that I distance myself from the whole program. Yes, when u drink its like ahhhh there u are old friend. For me i drank "normally" off & on for awhile. Normal to me is drinking a cpl of nights after work & it not interfering w my every day life.I enjoyed not having to analyze every freaking little detail of my life. But I do remember that what I was feeling, my anger that made me want to drink was 10 fold once I drank. So in the beginning had dark days of lots of emotion mixed w the high of being drunk. On down the line had better times, still not bk to my alcoholic ways. Time passes & I went through a breakup & heartache is the worst pain, then at some point I was back to the vicious cycle of alcoholism. Boy, I didn't hv a clue that my bottom cld be lower than the times before. I was wrong, I lost my relationship, my new job, my place to live & then there i was staring up at a foreign ceiling in a cold dark room w a stranger beside me. Lucky for me I hv always made it Bk to rehab but not everyone does & the Dr had told me i shld hv been dead for alcohol poisoning time & time again. So here I am eating crow BC I really didn't care bout loosing my sobriety at the 1st drink, but boy it hit me & hit me hard. Most of its a blur time lost, definitely my dignity. But I needed to be humbled, God wasnt done w me. So all that said, just do yourself a favor, pick yourself back up when ur ready to get sober again & come on bk here & gripe/whine like a bratty teenager (I think is what someone said) BC I can guarantee its not fun long, its lonely, cold, & depressing in the end. But while your "out" there learn about urself & what went wrong & why cld u not b stronger. Find what's missing. I did. Don't think I wild ever choose the route I went to gain insight on who I really am, but atleast Im using the knowledge I gained to possibly stay sober for a lifetime. Remember the doors are always open, I just pray you live through this small part of your life to get sober & really experience the great things in life that hasn't even happened to u yet. You are worth more than whatever has you so angry. I promise you that.

And for anyone that reads this Im not condoning or giving any kind of permission for a relapse, just telling how awful my true bottom was & that there's still hope after a relapse. And for me nothing anyone cld say wild change how I felt, but now I get it why ppl tell there story to try to save others from heartache & I learned to finally listen & actually tk advice
Old 02-25-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A very angry post.
Why do you feel the need to advertise the fact that you're about to drink on a site dedicated to recovery?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope you change your mind!