Notices

almost 6 months, but I'm going to drink today, I've decided.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sometimes picking up the drink after a length of sobriety can be a learning experience. Have you forgotten how awful the experience has been in the past? Maybe some more 'research' is required. Go for it if this is what you truly want.

Or.... perhaps you aren't sure. Posting on this forum beforehand, makes me think you want to be talked out of it. Ultimately it's your choosing, nobody can stop you. Perhaps though, you may consider the next 24 hours as a movie. Play the tape to the end... how did the movie end? I think you know how it's going to end if you pick up a drink.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Drinking to spite anyone or anything cannot feel good. It never has in my experience.

I think feeling disheartened with anything or anyone isn't a great place in which to consider drinking alcohol as you're going to be clouded by anger and hostility. Maybe take a few minutes, go outside, take a few breaths and think again.

If you can go another hour without a drink, then another one...you'll make it a full day and you might feel different. It's worth a try if it means your health, doesn't it?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you OfEpiphany
Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Don't do it.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd like to know whats going on, OfEphiphany - this doesn't sound like you at all?

forget the drink... talk to us
D
Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Have some chocolate, or a big bowl of icecream, or a pizza ... 6 months is great, & you're stressed. Treat yourself.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel that way, we hope you don't drink. We want you happy and free. Of course, nobody's always happy but unhappy even feels better without alcohol. (Things I ever ever thought I'd say for 100... But I digress).

The fact is, when we drink out of spite, that person/place/thing we are drinking TO spite doesn't give a rats ass. All it does is hurt us, the object of our spite is completely unaffected.

Not worth it.

Thinking of you...
Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You need to get some counseling soon!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ofepiphany-I can relate to being angry and wanting to drink. However, the only person you are hurting are yourself. Alcohol is not going to improve anything that is going on, but will only make things worse for you, especially long-term. I hope you reconsider.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

6 months is excellent - don't throw that away
Old 02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Please don't drink. You've worked so hard!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you OfEpiphany. Hope you will calm down and change your mind. I feel sad after reading your post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

My best guess is that you drank and that some days after I write this, (or perhaps as early as the day following your initial post) you will return to read these responses. I hope that you have not been injured and that you are suffering no more that a hangover and/or some regret about your decision to give in to the fvckits.

Now is the time to plan for what you will do the next time you find yourself in a situation where you just don't care about ANYTHING. You'll need a plan for this because the fvckits have a way of returning in one form or another. Long term sobriety will require a different way to cope. PM me if you like. I may have some ideas for you.

I hope you're ok.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You'll just get pissed off with yourself.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I really, really hope you haven't fallen off the wagon, man. If you have, I really hope its just one night or so, so you haven't lost too much of what you've worked for - 6 months is an absolutely insane thing to have achieved for yourself.

And it IS for yourself. The phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face" springs to mind. As others have said, you shouldn't depend so much on external sources to determine your recovery or relapse. Think of it as making merit to yourself, doing goodness to yourself, and subsequently those you care about (and, admittedly arguing from a position of total ignorance, there must be one or two that you have at least a modicum of care for?).

You're only going to be hurting yourself through this - yourself and others who you come into contact with, who might have done nothing whatsoever to you.

Whatever happens, if you're reading this, know you've still got a community here that care, and want to help.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Please let us know how you're doing - don't think we're going to judge you for falling off the wagon - we're still here for you.

Just let us know you're OK? xx
Old 02-27-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Please post and let us know how you're doing, whether you drank or not.

I have had a few time stressful times where I 've been close to drinking- I 've managed not to, still sober, but sometimes life knocks us sideways when we are not prepared and that shakes everything up.

Hope you are ok, please post ?