Notices

what were your PAWS symptoms like after 3 months?

Old 02-24-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Im right around the 3 month mark and have noticed some improvements. The groggy head fog daze is kinda lifting. I am definitely adjusting to my new self. I drank for so long that maybe I just forgot how it is living sober, and if this is it, I am still getting used to it. I also agree on what others have mentioned about getting to this point not happening over night, so recovery isn't going to be an overnight process either.

Congrats and keep up the good work.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mrjustin, 2 months 28 days is just FANTASTIC, congratulations. 4 years 7 months now and time is the anchor of my sobriety and has been from the start. Time is the bottom line success indicator for me, I mean, I drank for 40+ years. As far as PAWS goes, don't know if I ever had it and probably right still in the middle of it. Rootin for ya.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Totally relate re not sure what "normal" feels like and how im meant to feel...your right when we drink for so long normal is hangovers and drunkedness....
Old 02-24-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mrjustin View Post
Totally relate re not sure what "normal" feels like and how im meant to feel...your right when we drink for so long normal is hangovers and drunkedness....
Exactly. I have really thought about the math and there was a four year period where I was hungover every single day of those four years. There were rare bits here and there where I would not drink for 48 hours. These were always on Sundays. I wouldn't drink Sunday because I was too physically ill to drink that day, go to work not hungover exactly, but feeling like I was going to jump out of my skin.

I never felt normal. The only breaks of 48, maybe 72 hours (if a miracle happened). I felt like **** all the time.

PAWS are a welcome friend compared to acute withdrawal.

I had a funny thought today. Is it still considered acute withdrawal if you have it for (doing math in head) about 1400 days in a row? (four years). Isn't that more like chronic withdrawal? lol.