Notices

Drunk right now and don't know why

Old 02-23-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

If they tell you to go to inpatient, go. It's not over till the fat lady sings.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I don't know anymore. This is the absolute worse possible outcome. I am so down right now, what the hell did I do?
What you did is not relevant at this point really - What you are GOING TO DO is. Getting rid of the rest of your alcohol and stopping is a good start.

Immediately contacting the doctors and therapists you have been working with about securing a spot in inpatient rehab needs to be your next step. There really is nothing to discuss - this is what you need to do and you've known it for a long time. It's sort of like monopoly - do not pas go, do not collect your $200 - pick up the phone and call.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Jeremy, you show up and you own it. You get help, longterm, inpatient help. You are crying out. I know you want a life. How on earth could you ever have your daughter until you are well. Let her motivate you.

Please be well. It's not a terrible outcome. It's a chance at change.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Is it true that you are only 23 dude? If so, come up with your hands out! What are you worried about, own up come clean etc. I was in pretty much the same position you are at that age. I had a diagnosis, I was drinking a lot, I was genuinely looking for help then running or hiding from the help. I lived alone through all of my 20's so had no real guidance other than from doctor's who wouldn't hear my plea for a long time about my drinking and by the time they did I had gone past the point of caring and was at odds with the world.

I kept on drinking after an evaluation where I was told I couldn't anymore, started a couple of treatments but didn't complete them, I sought out alternative therapies myself but kept on drinking through them. I was trying to cure my unhappiness, I never once connected drink to my mental state. I never even viewed it as a drug until a year ago. I though it was just something everybody did to chase the blues away, and I did that a bit more than everyone. Oh I knew I had a problem but I never once considered that the only way it would be solved was by not drinking at all, I couldn't entertain the thought as everything I have ever known in a social context has revolved around alcohol here. Maybe I'm not so smart after all.

Anyway as a result of my single midedness now there is no help available to me whatsoever, anyhow or anywhere. For me the past few years now, I'm on my own and I've been told that in no uncertain terms and from numerous sources. Because I drank and acted as a drunk. So it does get worse man, believe me on that. The help will dry up eventually as it has for me already. Just do what you already know you have to do, I seriously regret not having the maturity to take the help that was available when it was but thats the benefit of hindsight right...
Old 02-23-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

There are many people pulling for you. Please seek the help you need and start living the life that you and your daughter deserve.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Scott - what's done is done Jeremy. It's what you're gonna do that's important.

Maybe this will get you the help you need?

D
Old 02-23-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Stratman, I am 34 not 23 if I said I was 23 its a typo or I was crazy. Thank you all dumped everything starting the come down now.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Glad you made the decision you did.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

I started my new chapter two at 40 Jeremy. There's no reason you can't do the same at 34

D
Old 02-23-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Thank you all dumped everything starting the come down now.
Glad to hear this, TDG. Are you ready to accept inpatient treatment?

We care very much about you and want to see you healed, happy and well.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I didn't think so, someone said you were earlier and I was surprised. Same applies though... Just turned 31 here.

I'm in family court too next month. Face it head on and see what happens, it's not a firing squad. Get back on the wagon then. Kudos for ditching the booze
Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job chucking it out Jeremy pls seek some additional help brother

i get so worried its only a matter if time till something bad happens

We care about you J
Old 02-23-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

She is not important. It's never too late to do the right thing.

If you see the judge tomorrow, and ask him for help to get in an inpatient program, I am 200% sure he will help and this could all be behind you in a few months.

If you don't ask, then maybe the misery is something you want. Sorry to be so direct Jeremy, but man, you are smart and appear to keep wanting to stick a fork in your eye. Get help tomorrow, please man!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

You can change this setback to a positive outcome.

You really can and I hope you do.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
She is not important. It's never too late to do the right thing. If you see the judge tomorrow, and ask him for help to get in an inpatient program, I am 200% sure he will help and this could all be behind you in a few months. If you don't ask, then maybe the misery is something you want. Sorry to be so direct Jeremy, but man, you are smart and appear to keep wanting to stick a fork in your eye. Get help tomorrow, please man!
Age is not important.. Stupid auto spell check ;-(
Old 02-23-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Jeremy

You have what is left and you can get it all back. Some have had less, some more. Some have had an easier time of it, some worse. It doesn't matter. Get up and get on your knees and PRAY. Pray to anyone. Pray to YOURSELF if you have to. Talk to your parents, a friend, SR. Tell yourself that this is your chance. sometimes it is in the worst place where we can find ourselves. Turn this into an advantage. no more alcohol. find the help you need. Tell whoever you must that you want HELP. You can help yourself and help your daughter. Now is the time. Do it now. LOVE YOURSELF just this once. We all love you man. But, you gotta do this for you right now. I am a miracle. It took me close to 30 years to get this right. I did it. And so can YOU! just SURRENDER. Give yourself this chance here and NOW.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

sorry, I said 23.. however 34 is still young. I stop smoking pot at 34, I didn't go back to school until I was 36, joined the professional world at age 40. Now, I'm a few years older and quit drinking 40 days ago.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Beg to go to rehab

I did

My new chapter began at 37 with just as much trouble. No regrets. Had to hit that bottom
Old 02-23-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I pray you never put yourself through this nightmare again, Jeremy. Kris is right - we love you and we're not going anywhere.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Hi Jeremy,

I know you feel really bad what you did, I would be too, but you can learn from that and get some help. Go get yourself help!! That is what recovery is all about. We are here for you and praying for you.

You and I have some familiar things going on, you always have good comments and lovely things to say to help me out. Don't forget who you became when you been sober. You still can do this and work with the system.

I have faith in you, you are a strong guy and you have us to help u threw this tough times.