SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Losing everything (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/360088-losing-everything.html)

Kevin78 02-22-2015 07:04 AM

Losing everything

I think I have hit my rock bottom. Ready for losing everything. My life is such a mess just now. Once I sober up, It AA for me. I have kept on putting it off in the past. I cannot live lke this anymore. The binge drinking is getting out of hand. There are plenty of meetings in my hometown, I have no excuse for not getting help. My Brother is coming with me for support. Sick and exhausted.

Thepatman 02-22-2015 07:11 AM

Most of us had to hit a low point, or rock bottom.

For me it was the realization that my life could be so much more if I removed Alcohol from it. It was the reason for everything going wrong in my life, health, relationships, finances etc etc...

Plunge yourself in recovery, leave no stone unturned, and I have no doubt you will succeed.

All the best!

SoberJohn 02-22-2015 07:12 AM

Glad to hear you are getting some support in your quit Kevin. Please stay close to SR.

ScottFromWI 02-22-2015 07:56 AM

Glad you are making positive change Kevin. If AA is your plan, why wait? Go to a meeting today.

strategery 02-22-2015 07:59 AM

Kevin-I am glad you are getting the help you need. Keep on remembering your life doesn't have to be like this ever again. You can do this!

SoberLeigh 02-22-2015 08:00 AM

Welcome to SR, Kevin. I am sorry that you are feeling so low.

Without alcohol in your life, there will be much, much better times ahead.

Glad you found us.

biminiblue 02-22-2015 08:02 AM

I'd go to a meeting today if I were you.

There is nothing stopping you from getting well. Today is the day.

IOAA2 02-22-2015 08:04 AM

Hi and hopefully you’ll get to meetingS sooner rather than later.
Most people are grateful for their sobriety as a result of practicing the principals so badly needed to achieve long term sobriety.

It’s work but the rewards are so often huge.

BE WELL

stephendu 02-22-2015 08:06 AM

You don't have to necessarily go to aa. You'll be just as likely to maintain long term sobriety with it as you would without it.

Soberwolf 02-22-2015 08:17 AM

Hello Kevin really glad to hear from you bud

Hopefully you can get to an evening mtn tonight fella hang in there kevin you can do this

Esspee 02-22-2015 08:32 AM

Hi Kevin
Be proud of yourself for speaking to your brother and getting his support

PurpleKnight 02-22-2015 02:39 PM

You can do this Kevin!! :)

Dee74 02-22-2015 02:50 PM

I'm sorry for what you've been through Kevin but I'm glad you're back and looking to recommit to recovery :)

D

Hevyn 02-22-2015 03:38 PM

You sound truly ready this time Kevin. We are all with you.

sugarbear1 02-22-2015 03:40 PM

I worked those steps on days 14 and 15 and my life changed. I work those steps frequently....

Plure 02-22-2015 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin78 (Post 5217225)
I think I have hit my rock bottom. Ready for losing everything. My life is such a mess just now. Once I sober up, It AA for me. I have kept on putting it off in the past. I cannot live lke this anymore. The binge drinking is getting out of hand. There are plenty of meetings in my hometown, I have no excuse for not getting help. My Brother is coming with me for support. Sick and exhausted.

I've read that people don't change until not doing so is more painful than quitting. Guess that's why they call it rock bottom. I hit that back in mid-October and know exactly how you feel, but things do improve over time. AA has been great...several in the group I attend have been going for decades. They are very welcoming and have good insight, like the folks here on SR! Also awesome that your brother is going with you...that is a big help in the early days of recovery.

You can do this! :)

Anna 02-22-2015 05:23 PM

Kevin, that sounds like a good plan.

kk1k5x 02-22-2015 05:28 PM

Stay strong!

Mark1014 02-22-2015 05:53 PM

Kevin, when I was at my lowest point a few months ago, someone here told me that I didn't have to live that way anymore...that it could be my last 'day one'. I grabbed on to that truth Kevin and it got me through. It's true for you too friend.

Wishing you the very best!

Kevin78 02-23-2015 12:39 AM

Thanks for the support everyone. I had 1 drink earlier to taper off, Just hope it's enough to calm the rattling. No plans to buy anymore. It's going to be a quiet day for me, Need to rest. For some reason I feel confident in recovery. I managed 7 weeks last October by just coming onto SR. I stopped coming on as much and the inevitable happened. I am looking forward to going to meetings, It's just a daunting thought meeting people.