SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   On My Way (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/360036-my-way.html)

SoberLeigh 05-06-2015 12:58 PM

Please let us know how the scan goes, GC; will you told the results immediately?

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5357191)
Please let us know how the scan goes, GC; will you told the results immediately?

I will certainly post here when I know, but although the results will be known to the radiologist and my pulmonologist in a day or so afterward my appointment with the latter is not until Thursday May 14th. I could have scheduled the scan closer to that date, but I wanted to get it behind me.

How are you feeling?

SoberLeigh 05-06-2015 01:06 PM

I am making progress; my inhaler use has decreased significantly - dealing mostly with significant fatigue now.

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5357214)
I am making progress; my inhaler use has decreased significantly - dealing mostly with significant fatigue now.

I'm not sure what ails you, and I'm not looking for a public answer if that makes you uncomfortable, but one of the benchmarks of whether I was progressing or not was how often I would have to use my emergency inhaler. It's reached the point where it's rare, but I still carry it around just in case. The fatigue was also part of my deal; when one is having trouble breathing it's hard to be energized. We don't need medical degrees to figure that one out. :-)

SoberLeigh 05-06-2015 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 5357226)
I'm not sure what ails you, and I'm not looking for a public answer if that makes you uncomfortable, but one of the benchmarks of whether I was progressing or not was how often I would have to use my emergency inhaler. It's reached the point where it's rare, but I still carry it around just in case. The fatigue was also part of my deal; when one is having trouble breathing it's hard to be energized. We don't need medical degrees to figure that one out. :-)

I have asthma as an underlying condition. I came down with a very bad bacterial and viral infection at the beginning of this month (strep and flu) which turned into severe bronchitis, which significantly and negatively impacted my asthma. I am anxiously waiting an appointment with a pulmonologist.

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 01:24 PM

As my long dormant asthma has surfaced, although not exacerbated by the serious illnesses you've endured, I have s sense of what you're experiencing and I'm sorry that you're having to go through what you are.

When is your pulmonologist appointment?

SoberLeigh 05-06-2015 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 5357248)
As my long dormant asthma has surfaced, although not exacerbated by the serious illnesses you've endured, I have s sense of what you're experiencing and I'm sorry that you're having to go through what you are.

When is your pulmonologist appointment?

It has been a moving target. I had an appointment for over two weeks ago but was cancelled due to hospital emergencies on the part of the pulmonologist. I 'thought' that I had rescheduled for 5/12th but was contacted by a 'pre-consult' team who eventually gave me an appointment for 5/18th. I received a call today to advise me of a cancellation (and opportunity for an earlier appointment) with another doctor in the practice; when I said I wanted to stick with the original doctor, I was advised that my appointment wasn't with her but with another associate. Soooo, the appointment with the doctor I want (for whom I have three respected recommendations) is 5/21st.

Discouraging.

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5357256)
It has been a moving target. I had an appointment for over two weeks ago but was cancelled due to hospital emergencies on the part of the pulmonologist. I 'thought' that I had rescheduled for 5/12th but was contacted by a 'pre-consult' team who eventually gave me an appointment for 5/18th. I received a call today to advise me of a cancellation (and opportunity for an earlier appointment) with another doctor in the practice; when I said I wanted to stick with the original doctor, I was advised that my appointment wasn't with her but with another associate. Soooo, the appointment with the doctor I want (for whom I have three respected recommendations) is 5/21st.

Discouraging.

Discouraging and frustrating indeed. I understand that the doctors want to make $$, and believe me I'm a capitalist who owns his own business, but too often these medical professionals, certainly not all, lose sight of the fact that while folks like you and me are a patient among many, to us our situation is of paramount importance. I hope you're able to see the doctor you want before the 21st.

SoberLeigh 05-06-2015 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 5357289)
Discouraging and frustrating indeed. I understand that the doctors want to make $$, and believe me I'm a capitalist who owns his own business, but too often these medical professionals, certainly not all, lose sight of the fact that while folks like you and me are a patient among many, to us our situation is of paramount importance. I hope you're able to see the doctor you want before the 21st.

I'm on the cancellation list!!!!!

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5357301)
I'm on the cancellation list!!!!!

Sending good cyber vibes that you get moved up for a quicker resolution to what's going on.

SoberLeigh 05-06-2015 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 5357331)
Sending good cyber vibes that you get moved up for a quicker resolution to what's going on.

Thanks!!!!!

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5357345)
Thanks!!!!!

Just as you have my back, I have yours.

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 05:52 PM

Cranked out dinner and then spun some Jeff Beck on vinyl while solidifying my shopping list for my Mother's Day party. All is good.

Della1968 05-06-2015 06:12 PM

Sending you both much affection.

Gonnachange 05-06-2015 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Della1968 (Post 5357761)

Thanks Della.

Tonight

Going to hit the hay after this post. I'm really nervous about my scan tomorrow, but my wife's been great about keeping me grounded and, most importantly, I'm going to bed sober.

Good night.

Dee74 05-06-2015 07:40 PM

best wishes for your scan GC.

D

Gonnachange 05-07-2015 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5357886)
best wishes for your scan GC.

D

Thanks Dee. I'll be leaving in about a hour. I'm trying to stay calm, deep breaths, visualizing the situation, etc., but my heart is pounding.

SoberLeigh 05-07-2015 05:47 AM

We are with you, GC.

SoberLeigh 05-07-2015 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Della1968 (Post 5357761)

Thank you, sweet Della.

Soberpotamus 05-07-2015 06:04 AM

Good luck, GC. Will be thinking of you.