Notices

Heroin to Alcohol. :(

Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Today is day one. I'm not drinking tonight. Not looking forward to it at all, but I'm not going to drink.
Read loads on here now, it's brilliant.
I will deal with tomorrow tomorrow, but today I will be alcohol free.

This nonsense has to stop. Today
Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the comments people. It really does mean a lot.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing exellent bud were here for you so many great dedicated ppl who really care

congrats on day 1 it will get better bud
Old 02-22-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It all starts with a day 1!

Great job pulling the plug! Rooting for ya!
Old 02-22-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well tonight has been terrible. I was determined not to drink, but after spending the last two hours in bed shivering with stomach cramps, and hallucinating, I've had to pour a drink. Maybe I can't just cut out a bottle of vodka per day. I was hoping to. I couldn't spend the night like that, I wouldn't be able to work tomorrow. I might try 1/4 of a bottle per night for 5 nights, then totally stop.
What's your thoughts people? Am I kidding myself? I don't want this drink and I feel like a loser.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Detox can be really rough....Sounds like you might need a medically supervised detox. I hope you'll call your dr tomorrow and let him know what's going on.
And you're not kidding yourself...we've all had to go through detox on some level to get sober...you can do this!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hallucinating? I would see a doctor. Alcohol withdrawal can be deadly. Meds can make it safe. Good luck, you can do it!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Truth is Im too embarrassed to see a doctor. And I need to keep working to provide for my family, but found tonight that I am in a pitiful situation.
I hate it
Old 02-22-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
, I new the end was coming,I could sense it, I could almost feel the guilt, remorse and total humiliation that was waiting for me but I couldn't bring myself to stop.
Oh my god that really hits home. At the end of my using I walked around with that feeling of in-depending doom and the phrase "the end is near" kept repeating itself over and over and over in my head. What was the end? Death? Prison? I don't know and I don't want to find out. I was walking on the edge of the point of no return and I refuse to fall in.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

When I got sober I went to the doctor and asked him all the embarrassing questions I had been too scared to ask cuz I thought I had aids, herpes, low T, you name it. Dude, I was so relieved after getting a clean bill of health. Do it!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm going to be blunt with you...I think you're past the point of being embarrassed. You're literally talking about your life here. Hey...If you're dead, you won't be able to provide for your family, right? I would say you are at a critical point in your addiction...choose wisely.

I will also add....I was a nurse both in a hospital and at a drs office....drs have heard everything! And I mean everything...they are there to help you...it's their job! Don't let that be a reason to continue killing yourself.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Crasfd you can do a safe detox at hospital without alcohol can you get to a hospital bud

it really is the best option my friend

Good luck
Old 02-22-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I was hoping to just stop. If I go. To hospital my filthy secret will be out. I'd loose my drivers licence and job, and the embarrassment would be too much.
I need to reduce my intake then stop, using the support I've found here. I was watching my family do there thing earlier, kids playing, wife dotting around after them, and I'm sat here drinking again. They don't deserve me.
What the hell have I done?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Crasfd View Post

I was hoping to just stop. If I go. To hospital my filthy secret will be out. I'd loose my drivers licence and job, and the embarrassment would be too much.
I need to reduce my intake then stop, using the support I've found here. I was watching my family do there thing earlier, kids playing, wife dotting around after them, and I'm sat here drinking again. They don't deserve me.
What the hell have I done?
Why do you think you'll lose your license and job if you go to the hospital? Hospitals are bound by privacy laws.

Listen to what you're saying, man! You're saying that your pride is more important than your life and your family!

Please get the help you need so your kids can have their dad back.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crasfd View Post
Truth is Im too embarrassed to see a doctor. And I need to keep working to provide for my family, but found tonight that I am in a pitiful situation. I hate it
Don't be embarrassed to go see your doctor. I went cold turkey (was drinking 4-5 vodka drinks a night) and the withdrawal symptoms were pretty bad. I since learned that because alcohol is water based and leaves your body quickly, it can wreck havoc when abruptly removed.

Get sober the safe way and lean on us often. We SR folks been through a lot and are happy to share info with you and be a support system for you.

Hang in there!
Old 02-22-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You're not a bad guy. I think you should see your regular doc. You can see what they say and go from there. Your "secret" won't be "out". You can try cutting back but you still run the risk of problems if you do it on your own. Be glad you're doing something about it man, that's big.
-Ted
Old 02-22-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Crasfd, no matter what folk on here say, if you're anything like me, you are probably going to do this your own way.
I went to my doctor and all he was able to do for me was go through drinking reduction plan to assess me before he could refer me to a supervised clinic.
Drinking reduction didn't work for me simply because once I start drinking, I can't stop.
Unfortunately the only option for me was to go cold turkey and just hang in there.
I am aware of how dangerous this method can be but that is the way I chose to quit this time around and I survived.
Now the thought of the DT'S,stomach cramps,hallucinations,diarrhoea,sweats,itching and everything else, are another tool in my recovery plan.

This is just the way I quit and im not recommending it but that's the way it was.

Good luck as well mate,ive been thinking about you today, im sure you can do this.