Notices

3 weeks. it does get better

Old 02-19-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks. it does get better

Well today is day 21 for me. I haven't posted or been on all that much recently cuz I'm trying to catch up on all my missed classes and all. Im feeling a million times better than the previous 2 weeks, but still have issues with the insomnia and anxiety aspect of things. Saw a Dr the other day and got put on some meds. A little nervous about being on them, especially the ativan because I know how easy it is for me to misuse and abuse everything, but I'm taking only as prescribed for my most severe panic attacks/nights its absolutely impossible to sleep and i intend to keep it that way. She told me I absolutely couldn't drink while taking them, and while I really have no intentions of drinking, hearing that still made me sad for some reason. My emotions and even my physical health seem to be all over the place still, But improvements are being made. Slowly. I guess its gonna take a little while for my body to right itself. Bleh. Really been craving the past few days, praying I don't give in. Keep telling myself its not worth it, but it seems I forget how bad it is as soon as I start to see some daylight.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Congrats on three weeks. Glad you are feeling better.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 21 days, drinkingdino. Well done.

'Selective memory' can be common. Did you start a journal in early sobriety; if so, re-reading the entries from those first horrid days and weeks might help.

If not, maybe try to re-trace those early days and write down your memories for future us.

Keep on. Sobriety gets better and better.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

3 Weeks is fantastic!!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 21 days! I am experiencing insomnia myself right now. I think this is supposed to happen at this early stage. Insomnia has happened to me before in the past when I have tried to quit. I have read that it goes away maybe after a month.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ah yes, I remember my posts like that in the past- but I slipped up again. It is really awesome when it all starts feeling much better right?

I was on Ativan for longer than I should have. I think as long as you dont take it daily you wont form a habit like I did. Once that habit started for me, it was very very tough to break. The withdrawal lasted months instead of weeks like alcohol just really just take when needed is my main advice. Only take when needed!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job on three weeks!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today is my Day 21 as well! *high five*

How long have you been drinking for??
Old 02-19-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 3 weeks
Old 02-19-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on three weeks.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Ah yes, I remember my posts like that in the past- but I slipped up again. It is really awesome when it all starts feeling much better right?

I was on Ativan for longer than I should have. I think as long as you dont take it daily you wont form a habit like I did. Once that habit started for me, it was very very tough to break. The withdrawal lasted months instead of weeks like alcohol just really just take when needed is my main advice. Only take when needed!
Thanks for the advice. I'm being overly cautious with the ativan so as not to land myself in trouble yet again. Like I said I only take it when things get real bad. Avoiding back to back days just to be safe and everything. And yes, it feels great now that my body is starting to return to normal.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiquen81 View Post
Today is my Day 21 as well! *high five*

How long have you been drinking for??
Congrats on your 3 weeks as well then!!
I've always known its easy for me to become addicted to things and i started abusing alcohol at 15 or 16, but I didn't start really drinking until this past November. Spiraled out of control pretty quickly from there.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are doing well and congratulations on 3 weeks sober.