Notices

Enough is enough!

Old 02-16-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enough is enough!

Today is day 1 again. But this is different. I feel as though I have reached my rock bottom. I feel as if my AV is feeling the fear too. I get panic and anxiety EVERY hangover now. That's my brain telling me that it's hurting. I need to get my health back. It's now or never. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I RETIRE FROM ALCOHOL.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done and good luck xx
Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome decision scared1234, welcome back! Yes the anxiety during hangovers was enough that I've actually gone to the hospital thinking I am dying. Hang in there I strongly urge you see a doctor to get meds if the anxiety is extreme that can take the edge off and make the landing a little softer. Good luck to, I proud of you and you should be proud of yourself for making this decision.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Scared learn from it accept it & move forward bud
Old 02-16-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Luckily my panic and anxiety is only on hangover days. It's just gotten so severe now. The panic has magnified. Day 2 has my panic at 0
Old 02-16-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I get horrible anxiety after a binge. I'm afraid of my own shadow in this condition. It's all encompassing for 3 days. Try to distract yourself and just give it time.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
Today is day 1 again. But this is different. I feel as though I have reached my rock bottom. I feel as if my AV is feeling the fear too. I get panic and anxiety EVERY hangover now. That's my brain telling me that it's hurting. I need to get my health back. It's now or never. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I RETIRE FROM ALCOHOL.
When I had actually had enough, I knew it. June 24, 2014 I had not had enough. June 27, battling a nuclear hangover I knew I had to stop.

For the first time, I wanted to stop.

A whole new life awaits you. The biggest plus for me is that I'm not hungover everyday. I was sick everyday at work, the grocery store, the post office, walking the dog, cleaning the house, the park, the movies. I was sick all the time and I'm not sick anymore.

You can do this!

I cannot stress enough to check in here every single day, probably for hours. Spend as much time reading as you used to spend drinking.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I felt the same way 17 days ago. It really does make it easier once you hit that point. Good luck!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You have made a great decision. Glad you're here, trying again. Keep moving forward, you can do it.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nice one scared

So you've made the decision......... Now what?

What's the plan of action?

A decision is good, but it's just intellectual.

In my experience, a decision is but a beginning.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Well done on your "retirement", Scared.

Good decision, my friend. And now, a plan...do you have some tools in place to help you, and enough support?

You can do this !
Old 02-17-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Scared. I'm glad to hear that you really want it. That is key. It will help you get through the tough times. As others have said, make a plan. I can offer a suggestion.
As the first days/weeks/months pass, you will notice improvement in both your physical and mental states. Each day, take a few minutes to observe and see if there is anything new you can identify that has improved because you have stopped. Are you no longer depressed? Were you fully aware of whatever happened today? Does your head feel less fuzzy? Whatever you notice that is an improvement, write it down. Keep that list handy. It will get quite large. When your AV starts up with you... read it the list.
You CAN do this!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post

I RETIRE FROM ALCOHOL.
Doing the same thing you've been doing? Whatever that's been? I hope not. You posted this about a week ago:

"I think I'm starting to realize if I ever want to be 100% off the booze forever, I am going to need AA and rehab."

Time to follow your own advice.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've seen a lot of replies saying "what are you gonna do".

Well I just woke up 5 hours earlier than I normally would cuz I woke up sober and on time. I'm getting my workout clothes ready. Gonna go workout for the first time in over a year. I called up a psychologist and will be seeing her Thursday. I will be talking to her about my alcohol use and hangover panic attacks and anxiety. If she suggests rehab I'll go. If she suggests more meeting I'll go.

Let me just tell a little story. When I was younger, my dad died of cancer. The day he died and the shock I felt, the panic of not having him, and the anxiety of life without him was the worst I had ever felt. My last 2 hangovers were worse..........I think about that and I want to cry.

I am ready to quit. That was my rock bottom
Old 02-17-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You can do this Scared!!