Notices

Proper intro

Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DK3

Proper intro

My first thread ended in me being too drunk to type, so I think it's better to leave that behind and start over fresh. I slept all day on day 1, so I have the interesting experience of waking up on day 2.

I was a member here before and got off to a good start staying sober. But I slipped. It was the stupid "Just one more time" excuse. I had been checked out by a doctor and remarkably, all my years of drinking didn't cause any damage. I'm perfectly healthy. So well, one more binge would be ok, right? Nope. I regret it a lot.

So, I'm back. I've learned a lot during the first try, so now I know to be more cautious.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So now it's day 2. And you have been down the relapse road and so you know about that. You have learned. And you are in one piece. Everything is looking good now. I heard this quip: If you want to know what happens to the people that stop showing up, stop showing up. lol

It takes a lot to keep our minds focused. It's time intensive and there's nothing like being involved with others on the same mission. We must dedicate our minds to this thing, and we need the "power infusion" of mingling with our "kind" -- those on the road to recovery.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back, some don't make it.
I've thought one more binge would be all right many times. The results were always the same, regret, anxiety and remorse. This went on for years. I could never have a few.
I'm an alcoholic and I can never safely drink.
I'm glad you've learned something from your last one. All I ever learned was that if I didn't drink for a few days I must be cured and the cycle would start all over.

Best to you in your sobreity. And remember, you never have to drink again.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back again DK3 - glad you are sober this time around! Have you decided if you will try any formal kind of sobriety plan or method this time?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back DK3!!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DK3

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome back again DK3 - glad you are sober this time around! Have you decided if you will try any formal kind of sobriety plan or method this time?
I do think so. It would be the smart thing to do. I'm going to Google what options there are and pick the one that resonates with me the most. The relapse was so horrible, I never want that again. In fact, if by some miracle this disease would disappear and I could control my drinking, I wouldn't even want to.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on trying again and day 2 xx