Notices

Back to square one

Old 02-15-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to square one

I hope I didn’t screw up too bad. I quit drinking and had my last drink(poured it out around noon on Saturday Jan. 3). I claimed my day of quitting on Sunday the 4th. I’m one of those weekend only drinkers, but nonetheless, I knew it was wreaking havoc on my life. I went to visit a relative and she was ADAMENT in asking me EVERY TIME we went out what I was drinking and I told her water. But by the 3rd day, our last meal before I left the next day, I had 2 glasses of wine. Then a week ago I had one glass of wine on Friday.

Then this past Friday, I had one of those alcoholic AV moments where I decided that I was going to drink this weekend even though I have technically been doing good for 6 weeks (in my opinion). I decided that I wanted a reward for my 6 weeks and didn’t care about the consequences. So I bought some beer. I had 8 friday, then 3 Sat. morning. Then had 5 more in the afternoon then quit and went to bed early. Still have 7 left and started drinking one this morning. Now I’m on 3. Experiment was unsuccessful. You’ve all been there I’m sure. We all figure out that it’s not working, including me. I realize that it wasn’t/isn’t doing me any favors and a waste of time. I’m stopping now. Anyway, thanks for listening.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Congratulations on connecting the dots I was also a weekend binger, although I can't say i reached the abstinence conclusion as gracefully as you did.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Bunnylove; pour out whatever is left!!!!

You have lots of company; attempts at moderation never worked for me either. The inability to successfully moderate permeates the alcoholic 'community'.

You can do this, Bunnylove.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Tonks. I'm busy eating the rest of the pizza I had delivered yesterday to soak it up and move on with my day
Old 02-15-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stopping now as in throwing out the last four? That is really what needs to happen.

I did lots of experiments. They all ended the same way. Misery and regret.

I've never regretted not drinking. Not one time.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My drinking experiments don't work out either.
And if they have, its been one out of a thousand, and I'll cling to the " one " time I drank well and forget the thousand when things didn't go well at all!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk Bunnylove you can do this learn from it trust me sobriety is the best option by light years
Old 02-15-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks SoberLeigh! It's gone. I didn't even finish the 3rd and am finishing my pizza and I have the fire going and I am going to go watch a movie! It's too cold to go out. But, I'm better than sitting around being buzzed for no reason. Thanks for your support! xoxo
Old 02-15-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are back. Think about how ridiculous your line of reasoning was for a second.....reward your sobriety by drinking?

We've all been there of course..I tried every form of moderation there is and even made up some of my own. Now you know the score...plan so it doesn't happen again.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know, that was a ridiculous reward ScottFromWI. Just a reminder of how stupid the alcoholic brain likes to lie to us. I'm hopping on the demand channel to find a good Sunday movie. Thanks again all! Glad to be here. Yes, the beers are in the drain Luckily I was only stupid for a little while and back to getting real with myself and my problem.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ho crap, the memories of morning beers just to try to feel half human from the hangover.

Get back on track, nobody deserves this pain.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Just remember, rewarding oneself does not involve alcohol as the prize. Hang in there.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Go at things again Bunnylove!! You can do this!!
Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Hi BunnyLove,

You're right. I have been there and finally figured out it wasn't working. I had to accept total abstinence as the only option and take the option of drinking off the table completely.