Notices

looking forward to day 7

Old 02-12-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking forward to day 7

Day 6 almost in the books and looking forward to day 7.

Today was good but a long day. Didnt get to sleep until 2 am (had a lot on my mind) and had to wake up at 7. But nothing bad happened. Just the end of day headache that seems to come around 6 ish. But today was a positive day and i hope to have a positive day 7.

Tomorrow is friday and i am looking for something fun to do this weekend.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Hey Jryan, awesome on your day 7, keep going and you will succeed.

Have fun this weekend!!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What i had on my mind:

Work. Our department gets walked on at work. We are always made out to be the bad guys and the ones who make mistakes but in reality 75 percent of the mistakes aren't made by us. This is driving my boss to quit. If she does quit then i will have had 4 bosses in 8 years. I am the only constant in this department and im tired of seeing people come and go. We are a non profit so we dont pay the best but we do have our own benefits such as the employee doesn't have to pay for medical dental or vision if its just them.

But i feel that if she does quit which she will i am sure it will make my last two yrs working there painful. I am trying to stay there ten yrs because my retirement fund is 100 percent matched by my employer.

I was worried about my dog since he has his second surgery today to try and remove cancer and that is the last measure we will take for him regarding his cancer so i am really hoping it works . Turns out thr surgery went well but i was worried.

I also run an adult baseball league and i am having issues with field pricing increasing bu a good amount without having any added benefits to us as a league.

Also dont know if i want my daughter to test into kindergarten early aince she missed the age cut off. Im not sure if she will be overwhelmed. But on the other hand it would save $6000 in day care expenses. We aren't pressure for money but boy would it be nice to pack that $6000 away into a college fund.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days in the bag!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi jryan,

First
Today was good but a long day. Didnt get to sleep until 2 am (had a lot on my mind) and had to wake up at 7. But nothing bad happened. Just the end of day headache that seems to come around 6 ish. But today was a positive day and i hope to have a positive day 7.
My headache and sleeping got better around day 21 - the headache gets a bit better each day and now at over 40 days its not constant or every night.

As far as
Also dont know if i want my daughter to test into kindergarten early aince she missed the age cut off.
I have 4 kids (13 year old twins, 9 and a 7). The twins started early because they went to a private kindergarten and then public school. They are about 5 weeks early for their age and I would never do it again. Academically they are fine - in fact all As and Bs - but maturity wise they have always been behind. The extra year would have made them one of hte most mature in their grade not the most immature in their grade. It does save a lot of money but again - just from experience I'd never do it again.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Someone always told me, the things you cant control is a waste of energy.

Worry about the things you can control, Like stick in there with your job, so you can have a really nice retirement. Cause there is a lot of people who don't even have that.

It wouldn't hurt to test to see if your daughter is ready for kindergarten, you can always ask if they have a part time Kindergarten.. you know like 8-12... if she does well then you can go from there. {This is what you can control}

You can pack that $6000 away for her college fund. (this is what you can control)

I am glad your dog is ok!!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Good job, I had a real hard time sleeping the first week.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Really great job on Day 6, jryan.

Sleep was rocky for me for a while but eventually became more consistent; hang in there.

Does the school system test for academic, social and emotional readiness? I am not an educator but believe that all three benchmarks are important.

Glad to hear that your dog's surgery went well.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today started off good! Won $50 on a scratch off ticket and I never play those lol.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dun, dun, dun..another day bites the dust...

Way to go on day 7!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cool - the luck of Day 7!!!!!!! Nice message from the universe. Maybe compound it; do something nice for your family - that little girl.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Cool - the luck of Day 7!!!!!!! Nice message from the universe. Maybe compound it; do something nice for your family - that little girl.
Well it just pays me back for a donation of wine to the Cancer Society Dinner Galla that my friend is hosting... I didnt buy the wine, but she asked for wine donations so I just gave her cash. No need to go out and buy it.

Compound it like double down on black lol?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today is going well! I like it. Beautiful day outside cant wait to get outside for lunch! Supposed to be a great weekend in the 60s. Woot woot. Going to try and be outside as much as possible. Need to clean up the back yard. Go to the baseball field...
Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 7 Jryan!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Today is going well! I like it. Beautiful day outside cant wait to get outside for lunch! Supposed to be a great weekend in the 60s. Woot woot. Going to try and be outside as much as possible. Need to clean up the back yard. Go to the baseball field...
Looks likes nice weather for a Day 8 and Day 9.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good day today. Onto the weekend! Off to bed so i can start the weekwnd off early with a quad ride.