Notices

nearly lost my job today

Old 02-12-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

PGS, hang in there, I think you are doing great. The first month of recovery my brain was a soup....you are going to have days that are tough...have you read about AVRT, it helped me with the cravings and getting the AV the shut up....
Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

26 days in, things are starting to get better. I'm sure life seems like a roller coaster ride but it will soon settle down. It get's better. Success is not a destination, it's a journey. You are over the hump now, the physical cravings should be gone. Now it's just the mental thinking that could try to fool you into another drink. Sorry if I'm off subject, as far as your job is concerned it isn't as important as your sobriety. Without My sobriety I will loose everything, Job,Family,freedom,sanity and in the end life itself. Enjoy the journey. Don't quit before the miracle happens. When one door closes another one opens
peace-Jonathan
Old 02-13-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Don't stress out

Happiness is free
Attached Images
Old 02-13-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have told them that I think it is time for me to move on and start a new job. They rather not see me go they told me.

And to answer that one post.. yes my head is all over the place, I live alone have no friends here that I really hang out with, my family lives 16500 km away from me in the Netherlands,
I am trying to cope, I find it hard. It is all new to me, I don't know what I am supposed to do.
I have no control over my emotions at the moment, last night was the most horrible moment in my life. Felt low today.
Suppose I only take one day at the time. Trying to get as much support as I possibly can.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Sorry to hear about your job situation. Keep moving forward.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hi all please say a prayer for me today.. they are pulling us into a private call at 1pm about changes that will be made.. I can't loose this job.. its not much .. but I like it.. and the staff here is so nice to work with.. secure private information.. and I have been thro all of the boot camp the nut I work with can mustter.. please God help these here and so many others .. ardy
Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This is just me but I would keep that job while searching for another job. The worst thing for me is to be jobless and have too much time on my hands.

What happened at work to even prompt this discussion? Did something go wrong?

Good job on 26 days.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Jryan I dunno mate what went wrong I thought things erre ok they got feedback from colleagues that apently I was not as bubbly as the first two weeks.
Anyways still got the job tuesday I'll see if I can stay
Old 02-13-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ba**ysMama

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Assuming that you were sober yesterday at work, this is exactly one of the reasons people should never tell their employers about being in recovery or having a problem.
You could be coming down with the flu, pmsing like crazy or just being a bit distracted and automatically, they'll assume it is alcohol or drug related.
That's a stigma that you will not be able to shake as long as you are at this one work place.

Golden advice right here.. No worries PGS though.... you will come out winning in the end because that's what happens when we stay sober... :-)
Old 02-13-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just catching up. The info that is out there is out; you can't do anything about that. I would, however, suggest as has been previously suggested that you stay with the job while looking for another one. No reason to give yourself a lot of idle time and cut off a source of needed income which is a huge stress inducer. Idle time plus big stress can lead to bad things. Good luck and I hope all works out for you.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinkGstring View Post
Jryan I dunno mate what went wrong I thought things erre ok they got feedback from colleagues that apently I was not as bubbly as the first two weeks.
Anyways still got the job tuesday I'll see if I can stay
Not everyone can be bubbly all the time. We arent robots although at work sometimes we are expected to be. I mean your managers have bad days- just try and brush off whatever is bothering you and put on a happy face at work.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well it sounds like a win win situation, they want you to hand on and have put the ball in your court, Too bad you distant from family, but you can call them. If you decide to leave they will probably give a good reference. try to look at the positive. There are no problems, only solutions.
peace-Jonathan