Notices

feeling so much better.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JD

feeling so much better.

So I am officially 38 days clean today I am not having the cravings hardly if at all and my eatting habits have came up quite a bit. But that could also be from another reason just not telling until we know for sure, don't want to jinks the amazing news. The only symptoms I have left is sleeping is a bit off. Hard to fall asleep but sleep all night. I wake really easy but it isn't bothersome. I'm also having mood swings but nothing unbareable. Also, my physical theropy is almost over. Apperently I am doing alot better than we thought. To be honest I am starting to really enjoy life sober. I am remembering everything I have done like I did prior to drug use, my daughter and I use the money I've saved to go shopping and to mommy daughter dinners, I have enrolled back to school to finish out my degree for social worker. I basically wrote this post to prove to people that life truly can get better after adiction. My life isn't 100% just yet but I have finally realized that my instant gratification can no longer run my life. If I want it to work then I have to put the work into it to reach my goal. For everyone struggling, you can make it. It's not having faith in pills, people, or places. It's about putting faith into yourself. Every person on this green earth all have something special to offer and are worth much more than they give credit for. I pray to my higher power for the ones struggling that they succeed and I pray for those with a long recovery time that they use their inspiring stories to help save lives. I sure know they changed mine. Love to all. J
Old 02-11-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Congratulations for sticking it out through the hard days. I'm so glad you're enjoying being clean and guilt free.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
leb

You're doing really well. I'm in the 30 day period too and starting to feel better and keen to do new things. If only I'd known this a few years ago! Never mind. Not missing alcohol at this stage. I love reading about everyone else's journeys on here. Very motivating Stay strong
Old 02-11-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on your 38 days keep up the good work
Old 02-12-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JD

Smile

Thank you everyone for those kind and heart felt words. I will keep updating my journey. I hope it brings peace and serenity to someone else who is fighting the ultimate battle.. I seen and read so many stories about adiction and person issues during their battle and it made me realize that you can't just give up because it's a quick fix. The whole reason for battling is time. Everyday you feel like crap because of withdrawals or paws just remember, you tag that day back onto your life that was taken away before. I'm not going to say it was joyous or easy because then I would be lying. But set your priorities in front of you and then run for them. There is no shame in you being an addict and no one is ever a bad person so becoming addicted. People use to feel a void that they try to either cover up or try to block out. For me it was my mother's passing 5 years ago. I didn't go see her very much and that has haunted me ever since. But I know it wasn't my fault. I just couldn't handle seeing her bed bound and dying. Now I have for givin myself and feel a sense of peace. So just know, you are for givin before you even acknowledge the problem. Always move forward and look to a brighter future. Love to all Jess
Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 38 days, Jess; well done; really good to hear that you are doing and feeling so much better.

Keep on.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

38 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JD

Red face day 46. is this truly me? yeep it is!

So day 46... O what can I start with? Hmm. Well first off, I have almost completely forgot about pills all together. I told my doctor I was recovering and she asked y I never asked her for help during withdrawls. Lol. I replied " what's the point? Either it's feel every thing pills can effect or not see it and return back to them.." she said that it looked like I had everything under control. I was thinking we'll heck no but, as I set here today I think, we'll maybe I did. My story really gives me encouragement. I'm always wanting gratification for the things I do in life to see if my actions were worth it, but this time it's differant. Just being able to see clearly and take my baby girl out without worrying about pills or saving money for pills let's me know I am doing something right. Yes the first 30 for me were a struggle. And I don't think I ever say the pink cloud, but that doesn't mean u can't create your own. My life is one big mess and mess ups but as long as your alive, live. Pills aren't living. Pills takes away the experience life the way it was intended. Love, loss, pain, gain, self worth. Take your life back. And I will be here for anyone who needs me. Peace, love, and War
Old 02-18-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you're doing so well.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 46 needingafriend

D