Notices

anticipation of cravings

Old 02-10-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anticipation of cravings

So yesterday I made my decision to be sober. instantly I already started craving and started planning to break being sober sometime later. Made so much excuses but something inside told me to go for it for good and not lie to Myself. So I'd listen to a self hypnosis audio this morning and honestly I don't feel craving. I have mild depression some anxiety. But I thought I would be craving and making excusesexcuses by now. But oddly no I know its just my second day but do you guys think this hypnosis thing got me. Because I feel like I think more about a drink because I'm anticipating a major crave. Like I'm over thinkingthinking . I'm very confused
Old 02-10-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

If you suffer cravings try this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Well done on day 2
Old 02-10-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on day 2!

Part of the appeal of alcohol was the ability to change the way I felt in a very short time. Sobriety doesn't always work that way. Give yourself some months to work through all of these thoughts and feelings. It's unlikely you can know today what your future thoughts and feelings will be. Just try to relax and stay focused on the goal.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It all depends how much you drank of course, but at day two there is probably still some alcohol in your system. It could get worse, or maybe not. Eat well, maybe get some exercise, and get plenty of rest.. and yeah, don't over think it. Hopefully you don't get any cravings and life is good!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some people feel cravings right away...other don't until weeks or even months later.
As long as you're ready for such an eventuality and have a plan, you will be ok

D
Old 02-10-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Double post.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks SW I will try both of these. I think the second link will be very effective it forces a habit change. My problem doesn't seem to be detoxing but when I regain my strength and feels great I fall.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All I will say is that chocolate (in large quantities) cut cravings by 80 percent. The sweet tooth goes away a month or two in and you normalize. I even put on a few pounds when I stopped drinking but praise the Lord I have not had a drink in seven months and I don't know how I would've done it without the chocolate therapy.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there and I really hope you find the strength not to carry through with that plan.

I'm sure all of us here know about Plans and how they fester until that's all you can think about. You can beat it.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
All I will say is that chocolate (in large quantities) cut cravings by 80 percent. The sweet tooth goes away a month or two in and you normalize. I even put on a few pounds when I stopped drinking but praise the Lord I have not had a drink in seven months and I don't know how I would've done it without the chocolate therapy.
Aww I would love to do that but I have a job were I can't be over a certain weight.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you on Day 2. I'd recommend trying to slow down a bit on overthinking too much...put your lab coat down and take a load off your mind. I know a lot of us had lots of troublesome days in early sobriety, mostly due to worry and self-analysis! It will be okay. Just don't drink, that's your only responsibility. If you get through another day without one, you're winning this battle. Keep it up!