Notices

Just an update

Old 02-09-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update

Hello!

Many of you helped me with ideas to stay strong and not drink as I headed off to a conference this week. Thank you!

So far it has not been very hard for me at all. I have had a few non-alcoholic drinks (such as n/a beer or tonic and lime) while I work the floor and socialize, and have mentioned me not drinking to a few folks, who have all been super positive and wonderful. My cravings have been strong at times, but mostly just missing being a part of the drinking group. Nothing that has been overwhelming, so I am grateful for that.

So, on to day 24 tomorrow. Thanks everyone so much for the help and advice. I'm not giving in, and I don't have any desire to.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work duckguy!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done !
Old 02-09-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Great job!!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Duckguy!!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 24 Duckguy
Old 02-10-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on 24 days, duckguy; great job. Glad to hear that things are going so well.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Caitlin5

One thing I've learned over the years regarding alcohol; there is always hope. Although, having said that, I know that when the liver becomes cirrhotic, there's hope--- but not a lot of time. Too some extent the liver can repair itself if one gives up alcohol and other drugs completely. I don't mean to scare anyone, so take what you like and leave the rest. I remember I felt no hope that my life would improve while I was still drinking. What an awful feeling that was! One day I did stop. It sure wasn't easy, but I had the "gift of desperation" that so many recovering alcoholics have been given and talked so freely about. I had to slog my way through de-tox one more time, then I knew I was done. I had wrestled the monkey off my back, and I knew that was it for me and my "very best friend" alcohol! That's the point at which I felt pure freedom. With freedom, comes hope. Hope that life as I knew it would be forever changed. What an experience it has been!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Caitlin5

Hope

One thing I've learned over the years regarding alcohol; there is always hope. Although, having said that, I know that when the liver becomes cirrhotic, there's hope--- but not a lot of time. Too some extent the liver can repair itself if one gives up alcohol and other drugs completely. I don't mean to scare anyone, so take what you like and leave the rest. I remember I felt no hope that my life would improve while I was still drinking. What an awful feeling that was! One day I did stop. It sure wasn't easy, but I had the "gift of desperation" that so many recovering alcoholics have been given and talked so freely about. I had to slog my way through de-tox one more time, then I knew I was done. I had wrestled the monkey off my back, and I knew that was it for me and my "very best friend" alcohol! That's the point at which I felt pure freedom. With freedom, comes hope. Hope that life as I knew it would be forever changed. What an experience! I've been sprung from the jail of alcoholism. Hallelujah!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

good stuff ducky!!! keep it up! congrats on 24 days
Old 02-10-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're staying true Duckguy

D
Old 02-13-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Made it back from my conference on Thursday. Still dry, and on to day 28 tomorrow. I'm getting to the point where I think about drinking and it almost turns my stomach or just scares me. That surely must be a good thing. I'm excited for day 30 as that is a milestone I have not reached in probably 15 years. Thanks for all the support everyone.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear this! Awesome job duckguy!